Talk

Advanced search

to complain about the postman

(13 Posts)
kim147 Thu 25-Apr-13 11:01:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

andubelievedthat Thu 25-Apr-13 11:08:26

prob can be, temp staff with no prior experience ,sub standard English , and perhaps any staff with too many bags to get empty.re my comment "sub standard english ,from experience working in a "bucket" employment agency, persons were simply sent ,whatever their education/ability to do job,cos agency got "brownie points" for supplying the correct No. of requested people.sad but true.

SaskiaRembrandtVampireHunter Thu 25-Apr-13 11:13:15

We get this a lot. There's another road in this village with a similar name to the one I live on - think Saskia's Lane and Saskia's Avenue - plus, my house isn't actually on the main part of the road, we're tucked away around a corner on another road with a different name. Don't ask me why we don't have the address of the road we live on, I've asked, no one knows. Anyhow, this causes much confusion to postmen*, so several times a week we all do the postal shuffle as we go around delivering each others post.

I have said something, but it doesn't really make much difference. The staff seem to change so often no one gets chance to really learn the route.

* I wasn't being sexist saying that. For two years we had a postwoman - she never got it wrong.

PolterGoose Thu 25-Apr-13 12:42:17

MiaowTheCat Thu 25-Apr-13 13:06:08

starsandunicorns Thu 25-Apr-13 13:17:11

Having worked for an angency that has a contract with royal mail. In my area we the angency workers dont get to work in the deilverly offices we do the mail centres.

I would complain though it may be a new worker at the delivery office or new postie at the office or even a diff postie doing a round they have never done before.

Most contract jobs via royal mail are for the job of postie doing the walks hence sorting the post at the deilvery office

melika Thu 25-Apr-13 14:10:38

We get that a lot, our houses are 64a 64b 64c and 64d. I just post them in correct house and hope neighbours do the same! Wouldn't dream of complaining unless something important went missing.

gallifrey Thu 25-Apr-13 16:00:53

When I lived in Lincolnshire in a tiny little village our house had no number or name it was just the name of the previous occupiers that had lived there for 60 years.

firsttimekat Thu 25-Apr-13 21:08:41

I recently complained after a package was left on my doorstep. Royal Mail were really rude in their response, tried to blame it on other companies until I sent them a picture of the package that clearly said delivered by Royal Mail! They they said they would pass on the issue to the local office but never actually apologised. Just makes me wonder if they have done this before but my package has gone missing!

zukiecat Thu 25-Apr-13 21:23:20

CloudsAndTrees Thu 25-Apr-13 21:24:06

YANBU. Royal Mail are really quite crap.

ladymariner Thu 25-Apr-13 23:26:43

YANBU. I complained about the lazy sod masquerading as our postman yesterday, he's driving me mad! Some days no post, other days we get post for other people, neighbours get our mail.....he's useless angry

MiaowTheCat Fri 26-Apr-13 08:38:58

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: