Talk

Advanced search

to complain about the postman

(13 Posts)
kim147 Thu 25-Apr-13 11:01:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

andubelievedthat Thu 25-Apr-13 11:08:26

prob can be, temp staff with no prior experience ,sub standard English , and perhaps any staff with too many bags to get empty.re my comment "sub standard english ,from experience working in a "bucket" employment agency, persons were simply sent ,whatever their education/ability to do job,cos agency got "brownie points" for supplying the correct No. of requested people.sad but true.

SaskiaRembrandtVampireHunter Thu 25-Apr-13 11:13:15

We get this a lot. There's another road in this village with a similar name to the one I live on - think Saskia's Lane and Saskia's Avenue - plus, my house isn't actually on the main part of the road, we're tucked away around a corner on another road with a different name. Don't ask me why we don't have the address of the road we live on, I've asked, no one knows. Anyhow, this causes much confusion to postmen*, so several times a week we all do the postal shuffle as we go around delivering each others post.

I have said something, but it doesn't really make much difference. The staff seem to change so often no one gets chance to really learn the route.

* I wasn't being sexist saying that. For two years we had a postwoman - she never got it wrong.

PolterGoose Thu 25-Apr-13 12:42:17

MiaowTheCat Thu 25-Apr-13 13:06:08

Complaints number is 0845 7 740 740 and then I've always done options 2 4 and 3. I currently have four complaints lodged in the space of one week about our postman (hence having the number written down by my phone since I've lost so much patience with him I'm fully prepared now to ring up every single time till it's sorted)... kicking parcels over garden walls, misdeliveries like you've had (we randomly get every one else in the street's post like some kind of bad ice breaker activity where we have to go around and reunite the right post with the right houses and the real source of my complaint - him trying to ram parcels that won't fit through the letterbox through (too lazy to knock on the door even though I'm sat in the lounge and he can see me) - meaning stuff gets absolutely mangled and destroyed... it was when he rammed something through, then rammed my daughter's birth certificate on its way back from child benefit on top so that got destroyed that I went on the warpath and started ringing in complaints constantly.

I expect the odd misdelivered letter (especially considering there's another street with the same name in the next part of town) and the odd slightly scrunched up letter - but we've had about five bits of post utterly mangled and shredded in the last fortnight before anyone thinks I'm being a cow.

starsandunicorns Thu 25-Apr-13 13:17:11

Having worked for an angency that has a contract with royal mail. In my area we the angency workers dont get to work in the deilverly offices we do the mail centres.

I would complain though it may be a new worker at the delivery office or new postie at the office or even a diff postie doing a round they have never done before.

Most contract jobs via royal mail are for the job of postie doing the walks hence sorting the post at the deilvery office

melika Thu 25-Apr-13 14:10:38

We get that a lot, our houses are 64a 64b 64c and 64d. I just post them in correct house and hope neighbours do the same! Wouldn't dream of complaining unless something important went missing.

gallifrey Thu 25-Apr-13 16:00:53

When I lived in Lincolnshire in a tiny little village our house had no number or name it was just the name of the previous occupiers that had lived there for 60 years.

firsttimekat Thu 25-Apr-13 21:08:41

I recently complained after a package was left on my doorstep. Royal Mail were really rude in their response, tried to blame it on other companies until I sent them a picture of the package that clearly said delivered by Royal Mail! They they said they would pass on the issue to the local office but never actually apologised. Just makes me wonder if they have done this before but my package has gone missing!

zukiecat Thu 25-Apr-13 21:23:20

CloudsAndTrees Thu 25-Apr-13 21:24:06

YANBU. Royal Mail are really quite crap.

ladymariner Thu 25-Apr-13 23:26:43

YANBU. I complained about the lazy sod masquerading as our postman yesterday, he's driving me mad! Some days no post, other days we get post for other people, neighbours get our mail.....he's useless angry

MiaowTheCat Fri 26-Apr-13 08:38:58

And then I catch the postman trying to mangle another thing that wouldn't fit through our letterbox yesterday afternoon! I want our old postie back - he didn't try to force things in and destroy them, didn't drop kick parcels over fences (seriously England Rugby you're missing a trick not having this guy) and he wore indecently short shorts from about February onwards and had legs to die for!

We all tolerated the wrong deliveries and returned stuff to people - but this guy's problem is sheer laziness - he doesn't want to have to knock on doors so he'll do anything to avoid it (hence the dropkicking parcels and the like)... heck - I'm usually at home and will happily take in parcels for the neighbours up this end of the street and I'm usually sat on the sofa in the bay window so obviously at home - he won't even knock if he can see me sat there and it's something for us - he'll just carry on forcing things through and damaging them (we're talking things getting through utterly and totally shredded with half the packaging left hanging outside of the letterbox.

Not had attitude when I've rung in complaints mind - they've always been very pleasant on the main phonelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now