Talk

Advanced search

To thank you all for teaching me how to kick (online) bottom?

(5 Posts)
WorriedMummy73 Thu 25-Apr-13 00:01:14

I've just been posting on another forum (fret not, I've defected over to the dark side) and someone got snarky with me about the section I'd posted in and my 'stupid topic'. Finished up with 'learn how to use a Forum'.

It was a gaming website and I was looking for hardware advice, sort of. Twas boring nonsense, but I needed help and couldn't find it elsewhere, so I googled and ended up there.

Tried searching, checking different sections, etc, wasn't entirely sure what I was looking for, so posted in what I vaguely thought was the right place. Had two or three replies, mostly really helpful, offering links to other sites and future reference stuff. They could see I was new and responded appropriately. Then along came the other fool.

I responded with how rude I thought he was and how helpful everyone else had been. Then I ended with 'how about you learn some manners'.

One of the moderators 'liked' my post and someone else put in an 'oooh, burn' thing. The original guy came back at me again about my stupid post and other childish stuff. I explained that I missed the classes on 'Searching Forum's at school and that his welcoming attitude to newcomers was commendable. It all then got removed!

So, cheers, you wonderful bunch, for teaching me to stand up to twunts online! I'm feeling rather smug at the moment, even for such a little victory.

ooh well done you grin

small victory's are often the best ones!

WorriedMummy73 Thu 25-Apr-13 00:05:12

I also said I hoped that engaging with me wasn't keeping him from insulting and belittling others grin

quoteunquote Thu 25-Apr-13 00:17:33

I did have a chuckle to myself a while back, when a friend (male) during a robust exchange of opinions on FB commented you should go on MN, he was losing badly,, and apparently, they are (MN) impossible to win an argument with.

WorriedMummy73 Thu 25-Apr-13 00:20:10

When I read the guys first comment I just thought 'ah mate, you've tangled with the wrong person now - I come from Mumsnet!'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now