Talk

Advanced search

To want to tell off the rude child who stuck his tongue out at me?!

(24 Posts)
teacher123 Wed 24-Apr-13 18:10:58

Trivial thread...
Driving home today, got to the end of my road, mum and 2 children waiting to cross. They saw me coming and she stood in front of me to stop me turning into my road (off the main road) and then answered her phone whilst standing in the middle of the road. I was blocking traffic as couldn't turn left. Her children were arguing and being really silly and she wasn't moving so I beeped the horn once. Her little boy (aged 7ish) stuck his tongue out at me and sauntered across the road, as did she and her other child.

I ALMOST wound down the window to tell him off. But managed not to as I didn't want to look like a crazy mad lady, but my word, I got the RAGE!

complexnumber Wed 24-Apr-13 18:23:23

I too would have RAGED

However, you did the right thing by expressing it here... now EXPLODE!

He was a little shit.

Euphemia Wed 24-Apr-13 18:24:38

I'd have stuck out my tongue and pulled a funny face back. smile

MrsWolowitz Wed 24-Apr-13 18:25:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TigOldBitties Wed 24-Apr-13 18:26:09

confused I stick my tongue out at kids all the time!

YouTheCat Wed 24-Apr-13 18:26:39

Would flipping him the bird have been too much? grin

What an ignorant, bad-mannered family. Sounds like my neighbours.

FeckOffCup Wed 24-Apr-13 18:27:42

Stupid fucking cow (the mother of those children not OP) does she want her kids to witness her getting splattered across the road when she meets someone less rational than the OP who decides to just keep going to force her to move out the way?

alienbanana Wed 24-Apr-13 18:29:24

Id have struggled not to call the woman something tbh, but probably would have just told them to move.. The boy was irritating, but she was a twat.

Then I'd have thought up something really clever to say, but only after I got home.

Fudgemallowdelight Wed 24-Apr-13 18:30:26

Standing in the road in front of a car and chatting on the phone is bonkers behaviour.

teacher123 Wed 24-Apr-13 18:36:18

I was immediately incandescent also because I am a teacher and my reaction was coloured by how furious I would be if a pupil at school did that to me!

I had to quickly remind myself that I am the better person rising above it. Rather than winding down the window, beckoning him over and reading him the riot act!

andubelievedthat Wed 24-Apr-13 18:47:48

Sometimes,when say in a Q,when kid(s) are looking at me (i do look old/odd) istick my tongue out at them ,(in a nice way,if thats poss?)

teacher123 Wed 24-Apr-13 18:48:57

I was just about to say that sometimes you stick your tongue out in a funny/joky way. He definitely was being rude, as he then walked even more deliberately slowly towards the othe side... Grrrrr

jollygoose Wed 24-Apr-13 18:57:10

get a grip surely 7yr olds have always thought it funny to stick tongues out and they always will.

lljkk Wed 24-Apr-13 19:00:50

Pedestrians have the right of way when a driver is turning into a junction.
They were still rude, but not as rude as I think OP thinks they were.

Can't believe child with sticky tongue was worth remembering. It's a daft child, no?

everlong Wed 24-Apr-13 19:08:37

The V's would have been worse wink

alienbanana Wed 24-Apr-13 19:40:57

Only if they're already crossing the road lljkk.
I get people stepping out in front of me all the time on my commute - I suppose they might technically have right of way, but doesnt mean I can magically stop my car with no warning whatsoever. Just because they have right of way doesnt mean they should step out in front of traffic.

SPsYoniTheOneAndOnly Wed 24-Apr-13 19:42:35

Hes 7, its what they do. Wait til hes doing the v's then complain.

JamieandtheMagicTorch Wed 24-Apr-13 19:48:04

Were you beeping the horn to warn or to chide? Technically, the latter is rude in itself. But two wrongs don't make a right, so YANBU

squoosh Wed 24-Apr-13 19:48:23

It's what kids do isn't it? The mother sounds like a fanny though.

JamieandtheMagicTorch Wed 24-Apr-13 19:49:01

I am being slightly tongue in cheek by the way...

Lucyellensmum95 Wed 24-Apr-13 19:50:30

Where my DP is working at the moment there are kids of that age playing on the street, he said that one said to him the other day "what are you fucking looking at" shock <wistful for an age of children sticking tongues out> but yes, i'd have stuck my tongue out too.

I am not sure about this but i think you may be breaking the law by sounding your horn to get people to move out of your way, i thought it was only supposed to be used to make folk aware of your presense, just saying, like grin i also may be wrong

JamieandtheMagicTorch Wed 24-Apr-13 19:51:22

Yy LEM

See my post above

JamieandtheMagicTorch Wed 24-Apr-13 19:51:53

Not breaking the law, but a bit naughty

teacher123 Wed 24-Apr-13 20:11:53

I beeped the horn once lightly in a 'watch out folks I'm here, get out of the way' as they had literally stopped walking in the middle of a road. This was after they had seen me indicate to turn down our road, and I stopped to let them get across. The hideously stressful day and journey that had preceded this incident probably inflamed the outrage... I have now had dinner, half a Milky Way, a bath and am settling down to watch some crap telly so am feeling more forgiving towards the mischievous little monkey... wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now