Talk

Advanced search

To send this person a card

(5 Posts)
louloutheshamed Wed 24-Apr-13 17:57:23

I had a friend at school who I have not spoken two for over 10 years. We sort of grew apart but before the we were really very close friends, went on holiday together etc.

She has now moved away and isn't on fb so I didn't know anything about her really at all, but then earlier last his year I found myself working with a v close relative if hers. This relative told me she is married, and this week has given birth to her first child. The relative seems v keen to tell me all if this info, and I sort of feel like I should send a card or something, because i know how crazy a time it is having your first baby.

Wwyd- would it be weird to Het a card off someone you haven't seen for over a decade?

Sickofthesnow Wed 24-Apr-13 18:01:36

If you never parted on any sort of ill feeling or bad terms then go for it smile

grovel Wed 24-Apr-13 18:03:46

Send it. You were close friends.

hallamoo Wed 24-Apr-13 18:10:28

Do it. I lost touch with a close friend from school over about 10 years. When I got married (12 years ago), she saw my picture in the local paper and the article said where I worked, so she wrote to me at work! It was lovely to hear from her, and we got back in touch, and have children of similar ages.

CocacolaMum Wed 24-Apr-13 18:12:40

I think it would be a lovely thing to do. I would be very touched to receive a card like that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now