Talk

Advanced search

To think if it says milk tea it should actually contain milk

(12 Posts)
TenaciousOne Wed 24-Apr-13 17:44:57

At Wasabi the other day and I was about to order their bubble tea but the passion fruit one contains jelly and I wanted the tapioca pearls. I was informed the only tea that contains the pearls is their milk tea, I can't have milk (DS has Cows Milk Protein Allergy and he is BF). At which point I'm told the milk tea doesn't contain milk, it contains vegetable fats.
Anyway, I emailed head office to find out and they've just replied that their milk tea doesn't contain milk confused I think I may just avoid that.

LastTangoInDevonshire Wed 24-Apr-13 17:46:38

Yeah - why not I say?

Wishiwasanheiress Wed 24-Apr-13 17:50:02

I'm not entirely sure of the right answer, but possibly ur right. It's a bit confusing.

thereinmadnesslies Wed 24-Apr-13 18:05:41

I found having to label check when DS2 was diagnosed with a milk allergy totally eye opening. There are so many products with random ingredients.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Wed 24-Apr-13 18:23:37

Your OP reads a bit like a Sharon one....was she there?

janey223 Wed 24-Apr-13 19:06:51

Could be soy milk? :-/

DianaTrent Wed 24-Apr-13 19:12:39

Japanese food does not normally contain fairy produce, due to lactose intolerance. This is probably the reason.

DianaTrent Wed 24-Apr-13 19:15:10

Ah fuck. That would be dairy produce. Unsure of the lactose content in commodities produced by fairy folk. This may also be an issue though although I must admit ignorance.

Pendipidy Wed 24-Apr-13 19:17:48

What is fairy produce?!

Japanese and Chinese people don't really drink milk. They think it is disgusting drinking it past baby age.

WilsonFrickett Wed 24-Apr-13 19:20:23

Japanese and Chinese generally avoid both the diary and the fairy. grin

But yes, just avoid it. No need worry if you're being U. oh, you weren't

TenaciousOne Wed 24-Apr-13 19:41:22

Sorry for the confusing post. It was confusing for me it's called milk tea.
therein I know what you mean about the random ingredients guacamole from Waitrose contains milk, at Wahaca it doesn't.

janey223 Wed 24-Apr-13 20:40:55

Most guacamole contains milk, the only supermarket one I know that doesn't is sainsburys be good to yourself x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now