Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To want to move house?

(6 Posts)
mrsbeanswantstomove Wed 24-Apr-13 17:19:06

I want to move from our nice leafy suburb to even nicer and leafier (is it a word?) suburb, 10-15 minutes drive from our current location. It will cost extra 60-70k in mortgage, 5% stamp duty and other move-related expenses. Mortgage payments will be higher, we wont be able to travel as much, but DD will be able to walk to school (she is currently takes a bus, then walks to school). Also most of her friends live in that area.

The location will be more convenient for parks, shops, etc, but it will be harder for DH to get to work (mad traffic in the morning) and we’ll have a smaller garden and fewer rooms.

DH thinks I am BU, but prepared to move if it’ll make me and DC happy. I am not sure if IABU, as I think the move will improve our quality of life and I got two more DC that hopefully will be going to the same school in the future.

Lurksome Wed 24-Apr-13 17:22:23

In London? then yabr. outside London? then why bother?

Pandemoniaa Wed 24-Apr-13 17:23:13

I truly can't see the advantages here. A walk to school versus smaller house and garden, higher mortgage and subsequent restrictions to your current lifestyle and a more difficult journey to work just doesn't add up.

mrsbeanswantstomove Wed 24-Apr-13 17:28:59

We are in South Manchester. I know Pandemoniaa, you are probably

mrsbeanswantstomove Wed 24-Apr-13 17:30:28

Grr pressed too soon. I mean you are probably right, but I am very tempted...

digerd Wed 24-Apr-13 19:40:39

I think that the extra driving stress for DH is the clincher. The smaller rooms with 4DC is also a disadvantage.

YABU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now