Talk

Advanced search

to ask you to help dress me??

(8 Posts)
stickingattwo Wed 24-Apr-13 16:41:35

Not long back from maternity, haven't bought work clothes in 2 years, am size 18 - with a pretty wobbly tum, and short arse - and have just found out I have to go to a work conference next week in California for a 8 days!

Smart Casual with a few changes in evenings for dinners AND I am clueless! I've always been pretty unstylish/hopeless on the dressing front and now I'm a couple of sizes bigger I am paniking.

So, any size 18 ladies who can tell me what their work summer wardrobe is?? Please?? Where can I shop??

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 24-Apr-13 16:43:16

Whereabouts in California? Hollywood would be different to San Fran.

fromparistoberlin Wed 24-Apr-13 16:51:26

shift dresses
nice jackets
good heels (even Clarks are nice this season!)
good tights
good uplifting bra
haircut
nails

get some spanx (primani ones are good), and go shopping in heels, black tights and a decent bra. It will make a huge difference in how stuff looks

also try COS, they have some very stylish dresses that could look nice

www.cosstores.com/Shop/Women/Dresses

stickingattwo Wed 24-Apr-13 16:52:47

I'll be in an aircon hotel most of the time, with a few trips to restaurants outside but nothing swanky, so trousers, tops sandals type thing will work for the day while evenings summer dress would do.
I just want to look half way decent, half way smart and i have been living in jeans for the last two years!

auntmargaret Wed 24-Apr-13 16:56:54

Nice linen trousers, floaty cardi? Wedge heels?

stickingattwo Wed 24-Apr-13 18:13:26

Any size 18's out there who can tell me where they shop on the high street?

AphraBehn Wed 24-Apr-13 19:15:05

I'm a size 18. I shop at Dorothy Perkins, Next, Debenhams, Wallis, New Look-all pretty casual.

Phase Eight, Coast, Banana Republic and Bodee will be smarter. Mint Velvet also go up to an 18 in some styles. I'm not sure about Hobbs.

Have a look at this link for an example capsule wardrobe
http://www.blaaablaaa.com/2012/02/07/shopbop-workwear-edition-14-pieces-10-looks/

Or search for capsule wardrobe on Pinterest.

AphraBehn Wed 24-Apr-13 19:16:04

sorry try that again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: