Talk

Advanced search

to not like my ex's girlfriend calling him boyfriend?

(16 Posts)
AprilAndFrank Wed 24-Apr-13 16:36:55

My ex and I have been broke up 5ish years and we get on reasonably ok. He has been dating someone for 6 months, on every occasion I've met her she refers to the ex as boyfriend - like she'll come in from work when I'm dropping off DD and say - "hi boyfriend!" or "thanks for washing up boyfriend"

I thought it was like a territorial thing, until DD asked why does gf calls him boyfriend and never uses his name?

And I don't think its a jealousy thing because I remember watching Gilmore Girls, in which one of the characters would always call her boyfriend - boyfriend and never use his name. And it use to really annoy me.

It really sets my teeth on edge. I wouldn't give a shit if she called him babe, sweetie etc.

CocacolaMum Wed 24-Apr-13 16:39:52

Why do you care? I don't get it..

livinginwonderland Wed 24-Apr-13 16:41:32

why does it even matter?

Loulybelle Wed 24-Apr-13 16:41:40

Why do you care, she can refer to him how she pleases and if he doesnt care....meh.

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 24-Apr-13 16:41:51

I couldn't care if my ex's GF calls him Chakravorty Spivak. Why do you care?

pictish Wed 24-Apr-13 16:41:59

Never mind eh? It's not your concern.

YouDontWinFriendsWithSalad Wed 24-Apr-13 16:43:00

It's got nothing to do with you.

AprilAndFrank Wed 24-Apr-13 16:43:17

Well I meant in general calling someone boyfriend, it just irritates me. But it's because I hear it more that it's become apparent how much it irritates me.

RedPencils Wed 24-Apr-13 16:44:25

Bit odd but nothing to do with you.

TheChaoGoesMu Wed 24-Apr-13 16:44:54

I guess its just what she calls him. You co

TheChaoGoesMu Wed 24-Apr-13 16:46:12

Posted too soon.

You could do the same. hi ex boyfriend and bye ex boyfriend

grin

AprilAndFrank Wed 24-Apr-13 16:46:12

I'm not saying it has anything to do with me. I'm just saying I'd find it annoying anyone doing it. Same as some people hate hun.

SoupDragon Wed 24-Apr-13 16:48:23

So you should perhaps have asked the question AIBU to find the use of the term "boyfriend" by adults irritating?

pictish Wed 24-Apr-13 16:48:25

That's true. I hate hate hate being called 'doll' or even worse 'dollface'.

LippiPongstocking Wed 24-Apr-13 16:49:33

It is absolutely none of your business whatsoever.

AdmiralData Wed 24-Apr-13 16:52:08

OP - YANBU smile I'd find it a bit odd too, I don't go around calling my husband 'husband' ... I get where you are coming from and hope you don't spend too much time worrying about your ex or his new gf.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now