Talk

Advanced search

to not want them to come round?

(11 Posts)
Nancy54 Wed 24-Apr-13 11:41:48

I've got some friends' coming round this afternoon with their children. 2 mums with babies and another family with a two year old and a baby. I have twin babies (7 months)

The dad of the family texted me last night and said they prob wouldn't come because the two year old was ill and had a temp of 40.3

He's now texted this morning to say they're coming. as i dont have a toddler myself and the twins haven't really been ill yet (touch wood) i have no experience of little kids temps going up and down.

DP says there is no way they should come cos we don't want her giving whatever it is to the other babies and he wants me to call and tell them. I don't really feel like i can.

Is he being too cautious? is it normal to come if she's ok now? ive heard that toddlers temps can go up and down so she's prob ok?

MolotovCocktail Wed 24-Apr-13 11:46:16

Personally, I'd ask them if you could reschedule. I am overcautious with matters relating to health, but better to be safe than sorry IMHO.

MolotovCocktail Wed 24-Apr-13 11:47:22

40.3 is a seriously high temperature, btw. The toddler is most likely coming down with something.

Nancy54 Wed 24-Apr-13 11:49:19

have just spoken to the dad and he assured me that she is fine and said worse case scenarioshe has an ear infection. hmmmm

well anyway they are coming............its a nice day here so we'll be in the garden. just have to stop her touching the babies. not ideal...

Pigsmummy Wed 24-Apr-13 11:49:36

Just say that you now have something else planned and rearrange? I wouldn't want them around

MoaneyMcmoanmoan Wed 24-Apr-13 11:50:51

Just text "Sorry, unfortunately we can't do today. Can we reschedule for next week?"

Texting is ideal for this kind of thing.

quoteunquote Wed 24-Apr-13 11:52:28

You can say No,

Is the dad a doctor?
How does he know it's an ear infection?
Has a doctor looked in the child's ear?
Do they give a shit if your children get an infection?

PrincessScrumpy Wed 24-Apr-13 11:53:21

We go out despite illness unless dc have high temps or sickness. So I can see your concern. If the temp has gone down it should be okay but I have 19mo twins and both just had a tummy bug that lasted 5 days. Dealing with one ill clingy baby is tough but 2 is completely draining. I had 5 days of barely achieving anything as they were glued to be like Koala bears! I would call and say, I'm really sorry but I think we need to reschedule. I simply cannot risk dts catching something at this stage.

honeytea Wed 24-Apr-13 11:54:11

I would not want a child around my ds who had such a high tempp less than 24 hours ago.

I hope you can find a way to put them off, it's harder because it involves other families, if it was just you meeting up with them you could just cancel.

Do the families know each other?

thermalsinapril Wed 24-Apr-13 12:01:46

It's not fair on your family or the other visitors. Say you'd like to arrange another day for them to visit and don't be bulldozed into having them round.

Nancy54 Wed 24-Apr-13 13:56:16

OK THANKS EVERYONE X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now