Talk

Advanced search

To hang out my washing wearing just bra and knickers?

(105 Posts)
Ooopsadaisy Wed 24-Apr-13 10:13:20

That's it really.

What are your thoughts?

Sparklingbrook Wed 24-Apr-13 10:14:07

It's only like a bikini. grin Are you very overlooked?

SPsYoniTheOneAndOnly Wed 24-Apr-13 10:14:19

Go for it. My neighbour sits in garden in a speedo

WorraLiberty Wed 24-Apr-13 10:18:09

Depends on the reason for it I suppose? Lol

kukeslala Wed 24-Apr-13 10:20:02

Nope you are NBU!

ChristineDaae Wed 24-Apr-13 10:21:34

If your in the uk yes. It's FREEZING!!!

Ooopsadaisy Wed 24-Apr-13 10:21:55

I get hot and sweaty doing housework so I strip down. The weather is so much warmer now so I didn't bother throwing a dressing gown on when I took the washing out.

My garden is overlooked but it's MY garden.

MsVestibule Wed 24-Apr-13 10:22:58

If I hung my washing out in my bra and knickers, I would plenty of attention from the passers by, people on the top deck of the bus and old men waiting for the pub opposite to open.

I like to think they'd be very impressed by my 42yo, post 2 babies and lots of chocolate and not enough exercise body.

YANBU. Or maybe you are. Depends on the circumstances.

dexter73 Wed 24-Apr-13 10:25:06

My neighbour does it completely starkers! A bra and knickers would seem well-dressed to me!

HDEE Wed 24-Apr-13 10:27:27

Have some dignity and put some clothes on. No one should be seeing their neighbour half naked.

thermalsinapril Wed 24-Apr-13 10:28:28

YABU. How long does it take to put something else on?

ArbitraryUsername Wed 24-Apr-13 10:28:49

Haha. Your neighbours will know you as the mad underwear lady from now on. But if you don't mind that...

everlong Wed 24-Apr-13 10:29:58

Bit odd.

Are you an exhibitionist?

Flobbadobs Wed 24-Apr-13 10:30:21

Depends, will you be back on here complaining that the whole neighbourhood is suddenly outside gardening the next time you hang washing out or if a neighbour makes a comment? If not then YANBU, knock yourself out, if you're going to take offence at someone noticing the fact that there is a crazy lady outside in her underwear then YABU.

SanityClause Wed 24-Apr-13 10:30:22

Your garden may be overlooked, but no one has to look at you if they don't want to.

YANBU.

Ooopsadaisy Wed 24-Apr-13 10:32:28

But it's my garden. No-one should be looking should they?

Just to clarify, knickers are full-bum type ie not thong. No lace or such rubbish. Bra is non-lacey, everyday job. No crotchless business.

Women go around showing knicker lines and patterns through thin clothes and low cut tops all over the place. This is my garden ......

SooticaTheWitchesCat Wed 24-Apr-13 10:36:17

It's not something I would do, but then I wouldn't consider stripping down to my underwear to do the housework either, I would rather put on shorts and a vest top.

If I saw someone hanging their washing out in their bra and knickers I would have a good laugh and tell all my friends! But if you don't mind then it's up to you.

MsJupiterJones Wed 24-Apr-13 10:36:27

Have you washed all your clothes at once?

ArbitraryUsername Wed 24-Apr-13 10:37:01

If people can see your garden from their windows and they happen to be looking out then they will definitely notice that you are wearing just your bra and pants. There's no 'it's my garden; they shouldn't be looking' about it.

everlong Wed 24-Apr-13 10:39:52

Do what you like smile but don't expect people not to look!

ComeYoniWithMe Wed 24-Apr-13 10:40:41

I hate even popping out in my dressing gown.
If you don't mind everyone talking about you then go for it, but I'd think you were odd.

ilovepowerhoop Wed 24-Apr-13 10:41:14

you'd freeze your tits off if you did that here today - plus your washing would get soaked!

ArbitraryUsername Wed 24-Apr-13 10:41:49

The main issue is just being the mad bra and pants lady next door, but you might now care about that. I wouldn't be offended if. Saw my neighbours in their underwear in the garden, but I would find it hilarious and I would tell people. You'd go in the bonkers but harmless neighbours category.

Years ago we used to have odd neighbours who were obsessed with preventing us from seeing inside their house. If we happened to arrive home at the same time as them, they'd stand outside their door (not talking to us, because they wouldn't so much as smile and wave at us) and not make any attempt to open it while we busied ourselves getting the kids (and sometimes shopping) out of the car and into our house. They'd just stand there in the pissing rain waiting so we'd make sure to take our time. They were bonkers in other ways too.

Flobbadobs Wed 24-Apr-13 10:42:17

Do you have very high fences? And do you really expect a friendly neighbour to not notice you outside and look over to say "hello"? Seriously? Are you not very sociable then?
I am reminded of a bloke who used to sunbathe outside his front door on my route to work. At the first hint of sun he would strip down to tiny tiny pants and sit on his front step. He got the arse if anyone looked too, despite the fact that his front step was actually on the pavement and people would have to step over his feet to get past.
If your garden is overlooked have some common sense and expect people to notice.
I get hot doing housework in warm weather too so I can sympathise, but I have some shorts and vest tops to do it it. Joe Browns have some lovely little shorts atm.

ParadiseChick Wed 24-Apr-13 10:43:02

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOL

I would assume you were nuts and had washed all your clothes at once!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now