Talk

Advanced search

to be absolutely outraged.......!

(10 Posts)
EccentricElastic Tue 23-Apr-13 14:05:55

To be absolutely outraged when in standing traffic at a really busy junction, and seeing a white van being driven by a man WITH A BABY ON HIS KNEE!
The man had his seat belt on, but the baby which looked to be about 6 months old, was only held by his right hand, whilst he drove with his left FFS!
He'd turned into the road that I was just coming out of. I couldn't swing round and follow him as it was too busy, but I got the name on the side of the van, and the first 3 letters on the Reg' plate. So pulled into a garage further down the road and called the police.

I hope they throw the bloody book at him!

Bejeena Tue 23-Apr-13 14:24:39

Hmmm how do you know for certain it was a baby? It could have been a doll?

Or if it was a baby you don't know the circumstances do you what if the little one was bleeding to death and he was panicking or something? I don't know maybe I am just being over the top!

Alligatorpie Tue 23-Apr-13 14:25:33

I live in the developing world. I see that every day.

FreudiansSlipper Tue 23-Apr-13 14:26:58

is that why white van drivers drive so badly they have screaming babies sat on their laps

now i might be a little more forgiving

MrsWolowitz Tue 23-Apr-13 14:27:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dahlen Tue 23-Apr-13 14:37:32

Possibly 'absolutely outraged' is a bit of an overreaction wink but there's no denying it's a silly, dangerous and illegal thing to do.

TheOneWithTheHair Tue 23-Apr-13 14:40:41

If there are extenuating circumstances Bejeena, the police will sort it out.

What a bloody idiot! (white van man I mean).

Sirzy Tue 23-Apr-13 14:43:07

I am glad you reported it hopefully they can make him see sense

Sugarice Tue 23-Apr-13 14:50:32

I once pulled with my friend and parked next to a car with child seats in the back. It was a very hot day and I didn't have my proper glasses on.

There was what I thought a baby strapped into the seat alone, windows closed etc.

I gasped and said to my friend ' oh God that poor baby, call the police quick!' yes it was a doll on closer inspection blush just saying.

EccentricElastic Tue 23-Apr-13 14:52:30

It was definately a baby as it was waving it's naked little arms and legs about. All it was wearing was a white vest and nappy, so obviously no blood or anything on it (I could see it really well), and even if it was ill, why the hell didn't he have it on the seat, snugly wedged in his jacket or something, instead of it being potentially the first thing to hit the screen should there be an accident!
And the man didn't look panicked.... rather like it was no big deal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now