Talk

Advanced search

AIBU? Well, am I??

(10 Posts)
CocacolaMum Tue 23-Apr-13 08:29:18

DD is 7 and does very well at school - top of the class (god know where she gets it from)

She awoke yesterday with a bit of a sniffle but went to school anyway and seemed fine. Last night she was running a slight temperature with a sore throat, sore red runny nose, she is usually up and downstairs by 7 in the mornings. I went in to her room to get her out of bed today at 7:30 and she was still sleeping, she said she had been awake between 2 and 4 this morning because of her blocked nose and sore throat.

AIBU to keep her off school? OH says give her some paracetamol and send her in but I disagree - whats the point in her being there when she's so tired and groggy?!

diddl Tue 23-Apr-13 08:33:17

I would keep her off.

Hopefully a good day's rest & she'll be better for tomorrow.

ZillionChocolate Tue 23-Apr-13 08:35:24

Keep her off, she won't miss much, will have a better chance of recovering and will hopefully not pass it on to the other children.

MoaneyMcmoanmoan Tue 23-Apr-13 08:36:28

Keep her off!

idiuntno57 Tue 23-Apr-13 08:39:01

keep her off obviously.

But is thus stealth boast post? How is academic attainment relevant to her illness?

MoaneyMcmoanmoan Tue 23-Apr-13 08:46:52

Yep. Clear stealth-boast, but I let her away with it as it will be rationalised with "well I only mentioned it to show she is not behind in school and can afford to take time off". grin

AgentProvocateur Tue 23-Apr-13 08:48:38

Do you really need to ask strangers if you should keep your ill 7-year old off school?

CocacolaMum Tue 23-Apr-13 08:57:13

it is relevant in that she wouldn't be struggling to catch up after time off. As Moaney said.

No I didn't need to ask, I felt like it though so I did. Does anyone NEED to ask anyone on this forum anything?

Meh, shes off anyway so thanks for most of your replies, tres helpful as per..

CocacolaMum Tue 23-Apr-13 08:59:50

I don't need to stealth boast - if I want to boast I will just make it blatant tbh. Shes awesome and the more people who know it the better.

HerrenaHarridan Tue 23-Apr-13 09:48:26

smile My dds awesome too!

Yy to letting sick child stay off a) they recover quicker b) all the other kids don't get sick

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now