Talk

Advanced search

Revving moped man needs to go away.

(8 Posts)
MissFredi Mon 22-Apr-13 18:40:53

I live on a small dead end street, and for the last half an hour at least some idiot has been revving his moped and driving it up and down turning round in people's driveways(including mine - we don't have a car). Dp is upstairs trying to sleep as he is on nights this week, and I am trying to work. It's tedious work so getting pissed off at revving man doesn't help in anyway.
There's also small children playing outside. This I don't mind as its just laughing and ball games, not annoying or excessively loud. But it doesn't seem very safe.

I would like to chase him away with my rolling pin but I kind of feel like that's not acceptable behaviour for a lady.

ReluctantlyBeingYoniMassaged Mon 22-Apr-13 18:42:09

Does he live in your street?

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 22-Apr-13 18:47:57

Rolling pins are a very ladylike weapon.

YANBU. Our flats have garages to the rear and the living room window overlooks them. Next door neighbour used to rev his motorbike for literally hours by the garages. Made me angry Oddly enough he stopped around the same time as his partner had a baby hmm

complexnumber Mon 22-Apr-13 18:51:23

Is he wearing a helmet?

Operafan Mon 22-Apr-13 18:58:30

Every time we get any nice weather we have an a*sehole in a small plane who does dives and twirls above our garden. If I wanted to listen to planes Id have bought a house near an airfield not in the country.

The guys down our road used to rev their bikes all the time, I felt like rolling pin waving too, luckily the novelty wore off for them.

Amazing how some people are oblivious about the amount they invade other peoples lives.

MissFredi Mon 22-Apr-13 19:10:19

Whenever he "finishes" he always drives off up the top and I hear him go away and not come back, so guessing he doesn't live here otherwise that's just odd.

Last time I saw avoided being hit by him he didn't have a helmet on no. And he had the children begging him for a turn on the back. Also with no helmet.

I think he's gone now, just in time for DP to be getting up for tea/breakfast whatever. So that was well timed hmm

Schnarkle Mon 22-Apr-13 19:13:42

The sun brings out the idiots. I am living across the road from mid life crisis wannabe teenager guy. The merest hint of sun has him out there with the choooons blasting from the giant speakers, while he washes his bloody car for the millionth time. It's not even a nice car bitter

YANBU

Last night the baby was woken 4 times by some idiot on The Loudest Bike Known To Man revving up and down our road.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now