Talk

Advanced search

To be getting sick of the 'I wuvs you so much' statuses on Fb?

(24 Posts)
extremepie Mon 22-Apr-13 11:56:12

Not a major issue really, just getting soooo fed up of seeing a friend of a friend's mushy FB statuses every single time I go on it!!

He's just got a new gf so it's understandable he's feeling all loved up but every single bloody status is 'xx has the bestest gf ever' or 'is the luckiest man ever in the whole whole world ever to have xx as his gf' or posting pictures if all the stuff he has bought 'for his special lady' or telling everyone where he just took her out or whatever.

Enough already! We get it! You are in love, you spend a lot of time with her, you miss her, she's gorgeous etc etc!!

Get a room already!!

AIBU or possibly just jealous because DH never gushes about me on FB

YouTheCat Mon 22-Apr-13 12:01:39

If they are on your friend list why not just hover your mouse over their name and change the settings so you don't see their status updates any more? They'll be none the wiser and you'll not have to read all the gushy nonsense.

MrsRajeshKoothrappali Mon 22-Apr-13 12:06:22

I've just hidden a load of people who feel it's cute to post a load of 'baby weaning' pictures of their kids with spat out food all over their faces.

<BOAK> doesn't even cover it.

They pop up when I'm eating/drinking too.

Fecking grim.

HolyFocaccia Mon 22-Apr-13 12:11:57

I got bored of seeing one couples snogfest all over my fb..constant wallposts of 'omg never felt love before like I have with X'.

So when I read the latest vomfest of 'you mean the world to me' as it popped up on my feed I put 'you mean the world to me too X...oh wait I wasn't meant to read that!'

It got deleted and they carried on replying to eachother whilst probably in the same room.

Damn it

Flobbadobs Mon 22-Apr-13 12:11:59

I hide or delete anyone who uses baby talk in a non ironic way. This includes anyone who describes their children as "ickle princess" or "my baby prince". The exception is my cousin who regularly hijacks his sisters FB (she leaves herself logged in) and posts nauseatingly cute stuff about how much she adores him. She ies the same to him and it's funny. Otherwise it's just vom inducing.

GoingUpInTheWorld Mon 22-Apr-13 12:12:20

Yanbu this annoys me too, but i do believe that if you have to prove your love to people on facebook or to the world or be constantly affectionate in public then it shows that the relationship is not that solid and that they are trying to prove something, and are quite insecure people.

extremepie Mon 22-Apr-13 12:21:00

That's pretty much what DH says to me Going and it is true smile

I think in a way it's a boasty thing for him too - I want all my mates to see what a stunner I've landed because it makes me look like such a big man!!

Plus she really isn't that pretty, got the whole orange face/beige lips combo going on green really isn't my colour is it!

IcingTheCake Mon 22-Apr-13 12:24:45

YANBU at all!! Especially when people start posting those photo's with words on like 'when he holds your hand' and crap like that, I mean... its just bleh!!

livinginwonderland Mon 22-Apr-13 12:32:23

yanbu! i also hate people who share those "like if you love your mother!" photos or whatever. argh!

IcingTheCake Mon 22-Apr-13 13:18:10

LivingInWonderland

Yes! And then when they put 'like in 3 seconds if you love your mum, ignore if you want something bad to happen to her' like what the hell?! Stupid people...

extremepie Mon 22-Apr-13 13:25:18

Yes! Because of course if we dont 'like' some random photo on FB it means we want someone we love to die/hate us or whatever idiotic thing it says!

extremepie Mon 22-Apr-13 13:26:24

What makes it ever worse in the original scenario is neither of the people involved are teenagers and they've only been together about 2 weeks! Blerg!

MimsyBorogroves Mon 22-Apr-13 13:35:18

YANBU.

I don't mind them occasionally. But I have someone on their who writes on practically every post how in love she is with her "darling". She also ends every post with "lol" or "lmao"

I've starting shouting "lame-o!" every time she does the latter. It's not particularly mature but it makes me feel better for a second or two.

IcingTheCake Mon 22-Apr-13 13:52:42

Mimsy that really made me laugh!

Just saw someone post two people of different skin tones kissing saying 'like if youre against racism, ignore if you're racist' ARGH how do these people not realise they don't have a life!

Soundwave84 Mon 22-Apr-13 14:41:53

I just blocked a relative of mine for this.
Her and her partner constantly refer to each other as " bubba", which is bad enough on its own, but last week they had a half anniversary and were congratulating each other on " Everything we've been through together."...they have moved house. Once.

Angelico Mon 22-Apr-13 14:51:04

PMSL at this thread grin YANBU OP. I'm just disappointed my friends are all obviously so bitter and cynical that they don't write updates like this. Dammit!

usualsuspect Mon 22-Apr-13 15:08:58

Yabu if he is not your friend why is he on your FB?

extremepie Mon 22-Apr-13 15:11:24

He's the friend of a friend but I think I have 'friended' him on FB.

Not sure why, I barely know the guy!

hairtearing Mon 22-Apr-13 15:30:11

I had a couple my fb who would leave each other paragraphs of lovey dovey crap all the time , we named those kinds of posts after them , doing a *****.

YouTheCat Mon 22-Apr-13 16:00:42

Most of my friends on FB are more likely to post something that says 'Like if you are a miserable, sarcastic old twat'. grin

TeWiSavesTheDay Mon 22-Apr-13 16:10:45

My SIL is so bad for this. It's awful, because I like her (and her bloke) but I just want to shake her and say woman up! This stuff is private! Also you can't undo it if you break up...

Sorry SIL.<feels bad>

SherbetVodka Mon 22-Apr-13 16:21:06

He's just got a new gf so it's understandable he's feeling all loved up but every single bloody status is 'xx has the bestest gf ever' or 'is the luckiest man ever in the whole whole world ever to have xx as his gf' or posting pictures if all the stuff he has bought 'for his special lady' or telling everyone where he just took her out or whatever.

One of DH's friends is doing this with his new girlfriend and she's posting lots of similar things on his page. If it was anyone else I'd find it annoying but tbh this bloke has had such terrible luck with women and has been terminally single for so long that I just think "aww!" when I see it blush

HATE the 'like if you hate animal abuse, keep scrolling if you don't care' posts though.

headinhands Mon 22-Apr-13 16:30:34

My husband would rather circumcise himself with a pair of rusty secatuers than post mush about me on FB. That said he is very affectionate in real life so I don't mind although it would be kind of sweet if he did .

Crinkle77 Mon 22-Apr-13 16:32:27

YANBU it is annoying. It's like they have to prove how wonderful their lives are and make everyone else feel inadequate. I find that these people tend to be the ones whose lives aren't actually that exciting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now