Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed at women asking on here if they are preg?!

(11 Posts)
YummyMummy17 Mon 22-Apr-13 10:35:04

I am 12wks preg and come on here every other day to look at/ get involved in the pregnancy forum. Every few days someone posts....

Am I pregnant?!

I had my last cycle 15 days ago and have very sore breasts, lots of discharge and cramps in my womb . All tests have come back negative...

The above annoys the heck out of me... How the hell would we know if she is preg? She has only waited 15 days since her last cycle and tests say negative! We are not psychics??

The above is just one of many, I never write comments to be negative to these women but it just gets on my wick.

Anyone else?

BlackeyedSusan Mon 22-Apr-13 10:36:55

^ use the hide thread option.

there is nothing like a good poas thread! smile

Pobblewhohasnotoes Mon 22-Apr-13 10:39:35

YANBU.

Unless someone has developed psychic pregnancy prediction powers across the Internet. In which case they could make a lot of money.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Mon 22-Apr-13 10:40:20

They aren't actually asking you to answer the question. If you think that they mean to ask the question and expect an answer, that's where you're going wrong. You're misunderstanding the intention here.

They're using it to start a conversation, share what's going on. Get a bit of attention (nothing wrong with that! That's why we're all here! to share, to interact)

Heinz55 Mon 22-Apr-13 10:43:31

YABU - they KNOW we cannot give them a definitive answer - they are probably feeling helpless but hopeful in their not-knowing and just was a bit of reassuring comforting. If you've never been in the position of wanting so desperately to be pregnant or in the position of losing a baby then try having a bit of compassion for those who are in that situation - it can be frustrating and heartbreaking.

MoaneyMcmoanmoan Mon 22-Apr-13 10:45:18

Yanbu.

I find it irritating. How the heck would we know? Ask your GP.
Also the baby name ones. Why do you care what a bunch of strangers on the Internet think of a name? Some people will like it, some people won't. Meh.

YoniMatopoeia Mon 22-Apr-13 10:48:31

Yabu. I love a Poas thread. Reassurance and hand holding are what this place is best at, and that us generally what those threads are really about.

Salbertina Mon 22-Apr-13 11:09:58

Yanbu! But guess they're after support not really an answer!

JaquelineHyde Mon 22-Apr-13 11:13:44

I find anyone describing themselves as a YummyMummy <shudder> rather irritating myself, but each to their own I suppose.

YummyMummy17 Mon 22-Apr-13 11:19:06

Looool at the last comment my name is not to impress other people grinwink

Thanks for your feed back ladies smile

Floggingmolly Mon 22-Apr-13 11:32:02

I've never seen a poas thread end in a negative; so yes, they already know they are, it's attention seeking at it's finest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now