Talk

Advanced search

Been to the police today and my family and I have been put on the vulnerable list

(19 Posts)
Ohsonothappy Sun 21-Apr-13 21:03:59

with a high score for cctv protection now to our protection,the police are now contacting the Ha and all agencies what does this mean I am scared?, I have to see another police officer tomorrow .

ilovecolinfirth Sun 21-Apr-13 21:04:58

Errrrr....I don't understand...

ImperialBlether Sun 21-Apr-13 21:05:39

What has happened to you, OP? Is there someone in particular that you think might harm you?

I'm glad it's being dealt with seriously and hope everything goes well for you.

Ohsonothappy Sun 21-Apr-13 21:06:20

I am being harrased where I live and have been threatened and assalted in front of my children, its getting worse.

Salmotrutta Sun 21-Apr-13 21:07:43

Oh lord. That does sound scary but at least the police are on the case and doing something.

howdoo Sun 21-Apr-13 21:08:59

Who is harassing you Ohso? It is good that the police are involved, they can protect you.

ilovecolinfirth Sun 21-Apr-13 21:09:52

Hope it gets sorted. X

SinisterSal Sun 21-Apr-13 21:10:34

That's terrible. Perhaps its a blessing in disguise in that you will be helped now

evansthebread Sun 21-Apr-13 21:11:28

This happened to me with an ex-neighbour. What the police didn't tell me was that I'd been complained against by the woman doing all the threatening. My community officer would come around for coffee on a regular basis, asking me how I was, never telling me that I was also under suspicion.

This upset me more that the lunatic, bullying ex-neighbour.

Good luck - there is nothing worse than being targeted by nasty people like this.

Ohsonothappy Sun 21-Apr-13 21:12:29

One neighbours friends kid tried to throw something atone of my small children whilst playing, and I had another neighbour throw stones at me whilst I was in the garden.

evansthebread Sun 21-Apr-13 21:25:10

Sounds exactly like my ex-neighbour. Without the screaming an verbal abuse. They also damaged other neighbours cars with their nice little stone throwing habit.

While I was extremely relieved to get shot of them, I now pity her new neighbours (and the kids' teachers). Your not the new neighbour are you? Get SS involved and the school, too.

AudrinaAdare Sun 21-Apr-13 21:32:08

We had this and we moved. You could go through the time-consuming and chance-after-chance process of getting the neighbours evicted for ASB (almost impossible if they have DC / are also classified as vulnerable due to SS involvement) but they will still know where you live, as will all their friends and family. That's how these things work in practice angry

Crawl all over Homeswapper. We had to downsize a bit but it's lovely where we are now, most people go to work and it's so quiet. DH and I suspect that the lady we swapped with was the loud / problem neighbour so she will fit right in where we used to live grin

Ohsonothappy Sun 21-Apr-13 21:48:01

Sorry to pm you but you understand the situation I am in ,we were on homeswapper and were about to move they pulled out after the inspection because they needed to much doing to their house .

And they could not afford to pay for everything they needed to do ,thought we would pay for it all.

We are trying to now buy a house or a shared ownership we missed the deadline because paper work was in boxes.

Since then we have other problems I do not know what to do,and until we get accepted for a house or shared ownership It's a waiting game and that is why I want cctv to protect until we are out of here.

Ohsonothappy Sun 21-Apr-13 21:49:41

Sorry all over the place at the moment and I do not know what to do anymore.

AudrinaAdare Sun 21-Apr-13 22:02:45

I am so sorry for you. It is awful. I didn't go outside for eight weeks.

Ohsonothappy Sun 21-Apr-13 22:05:09

Thank you Audrina for understanding , what happened with you are you ok now.?

AudrinaAdare Sun 21-Apr-13 22:10:56

Ohso we are in a slightly smaller house but it is on a development not an estate and is only three years old. The "decor" (amateur Jackson Pollock in primary colours with luminous paint) and filthiness astounded the removals men but it is shaping up slowly. DC1 may also get the chance to transfer to a better secondary school. It is lovely. I want this for you, too smile

Ohsonothappy Sun 21-Apr-13 22:15:07

Thanks I want to be happy once again just can not see this right now, and anyone who knows me in rl I am a positive person just not feeling this right now.

I wish you all the best Audrina xx

AudrinaAdare Sun 21-Apr-13 22:35:11

Thank you. You are obviously a kind and decent person and you bloody well deserve better! Feeling under threat in your own home is absolutely soul-destroying and you have nothing to apologise for in terms of being negative or positive.

Keep us updated and vent here when you need to. It is so important to get support in your situation.

Take care xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now