Talk

Advanced search

To be in love with a robot?

(14 Posts)
happyyonisleepyyoni Sun 21-Apr-13 20:45:07

I heart my Roomba.

I only discovered them a couple of weeks ago and had to buy one immediately.

Honestly, it has done wonders for my mental health. I am currently in a bubble bath while it does the kitchen floor. When I go to bed Ill set it to work on the living room carpet.

Then in the morning,I can come down to nice clean house with minimal effort.

Will have to do it again tomorrow evening as I have 3 messy kids but no matter. They just need to invent one that does cooking and washing now!

QOD Sun 21-Apr-13 20:45:55

Its fab isn't it!

yaimee Sun 21-Apr-13 20:46:46

Does it hoover?
Omg! I need one! envy

happyyonisleepyyoni Sun 21-Apr-13 20:48:22

Yes it's a robot Hoover. I don't know why everyone doesn't have one already!

yaimee Sun 21-Apr-13 20:49:39

Just looked on amazon!
How much shock
Does anyone want to buy my kidney?
one very careful owner!

SueDoku Sun 21-Apr-13 20:51:03

'Cos we need a few years to save up for one.....? hmm

SueDoku Sun 21-Apr-13 20:52:11

Robot -not yaimee's kidney..... grin

evansthebread Sun 21-Apr-13 20:56:15

I loved mine until I was constantly having to cut my hair out from the brush bar to avoid burning the motor out (again!).

Tis an absolute wonder for pet hair and short hair households, but unless you can be bothered with the faff of cleaning long hair out every time, expect a costly repair.

Sigh.

happyyonisleepyyoni Sun 21-Apr-13 20:59:54

They are dear, but not as much as some top of the line dysons etc.
We got the basic £300 model it's absolutely fine.

LivingThings Sun 21-Apr-13 20:59:54

I love my Roomba too - he is like one of the family.

Blending Sun 21-Apr-13 21:00:53

I adore Bertha, and would replace her in a heart beat. With 2 hairy dogs and a toddler she is my bestest friend.

Dh hated her at first, and thought it was a complete waste of money, however since I am heavily pregnant with some minor complications he has taken over all the housework and has fallen for her charms too.

I did consider taking her on holiday when we borrowed a friends carvan for the weekend, but eventually decided that was a step too far!

Do beware if you have dogs though...http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/1495442-Too-think-that-a-roomba-should-make-life-easier-not-spread-dog-shit-about

Blending Sun 21-Apr-13 21:01:06

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/1495442-Too-think-that-a-roomba-should-make-life-easier-not-spread-dog-shit-about

Shiraztastic Sun 21-Apr-13 21:02:26

I knew you were gong to say Roomba grin

YANBU

happyyonisleepyyoni Sun 21-Apr-13 21:04:42

I wish I'd had one when heavily pg and then postnatally, as I was banned from hoovering for months due to diastasis recti. They'd be great for anyone who can't Hoover due to disability problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now