Talk

Advanced search

Comments on my weight...

(6 Posts)
Shellywelly1973 Sat 20-Apr-13 09:45:46

Tell me if i need to get a grip but Im sick to death of people making comments about my weight.

I weigh 9st, Im 5'2. I wear a size 8/10. I've given up smoking...

I actually haven't put weight on, i was pregnant. I had a mmc 8 weeks ago. I had put weight on during those 12 weeks ago, just as i did with my other pregnancies. I've have 5 dc ranging from 23 to 4.

I've lost the 4lbs i put on but Im a bit 'wobbly ' round the middle! Im nearly 40 ffs, i feel like Im 'allowed' to get a bit 'wobbly '

Yet my sister, mum, neighbour & just now my Ds carer commented-but not in a positive way. I used the time honoured mn response of ' did you mean to be so rude' but its really annoyed me, why do people feel they can comment on another persons weight.

Tee2072 Sat 20-Apr-13 09:47:29

Because they are rude, as you said.

Are they all so perfectly formed then?

ApocalypseThen Sat 20-Apr-13 09:50:25

Nothing wrong with your weight. You're in a good BMI situation, and being the same height, I know that.

Tell them to go to hell, frankly.

ENormaSnob Sat 20-Apr-13 09:52:08

I had this at 37 weeks pregnant.

Wtf is wrong with some people.

Shellywelly1973 Sat 20-Apr-13 09:53:51

No!! The fact that Im small seems to give them the right to have a dig.

My Ds has ASD. & ADHD so Im active, ( no bloody choice). I dont diet but i don't have a massive appetite. People always comment on my size when they find out I've got 5 dc. So i often am told how lucky i am to be my size...but few people can comprehend that i rarely get a full nights sleep & even if Im sick with tiredness i take the youngest 3 dc out every day to do something physically active.

Stinkypoos Mon 22-Apr-13 13:07:49

I'm tall, was slim and 'underweight' for years, my brother is slim and tall and underweight. Uncle slim, small.

I eat very healthily. I eat loads. (I have now started to put weight on and have a belly now - I'm a mum in my forties). I'm quite active. I'm also quite proud of my little belly.

When I was younger I constantly had negative comments about my size. No one really thinks its appropriate to go up to a fat person and pinch an inch (it hurts if you do this on a thin person and you try to pinch an inch - it is not funny) or say 'wow you're fat' and make stupid comments about eating disorders. If you are thin then you get all sorts of stupid comments. People seem to make them in front of an audience.

When I was pregnant I had loads of comments about the size of my 'small' bump despite my comments of the midwife thinks my size was perfect etc and nothing to worry about, baby growing fine etc.

Now my daughter is tall, slim and considered underweight.... it doesn't end!

I don't understand why people have to be so nasty - I must have had a tapeworm, my brother must have aids etc, we mustn't feed my daughter properly. I now have comments about - 'oh you used to be so slim' and hints about going on a diet from the same people that moaned before.

I think people who say hurtful things are unhappy and they look for easy targets to make themselves feel better about themselves, it is their problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now