Talk

Advanced search

Please someone tell me IANBU. Building/tearing stuff down in the garden behind us.

(20 Posts)
SchroSawMargeryDaw Fri 19-Apr-13 21:02:19

My bedroom faces the back garden and directly in front of my bedroom is the up stairs neighbours back garden (cottage flat), they only have a bit of fence left seperating their garden with the people behind us as it has all tore down.

For the past week the people in the garden backing on to the neighbours have been building or something, in all honesty I don't know WTF they are doing, as I am typing this they have just tore down a shed, there's kids jumping on bits of it and have just started up an electrical saw or something, as you can imagine, it's quite loud...

It's 9pm just now, they have been at it all times day and night for days.

I could live with the noise but once it gets dark they have fucking flood lights on, the light is enough to light up my entire bedroom and they have had them on every night once it gets dark, sometimes until 3am.

Last night they attatched one of these stupid lights high up on a tree and when they went home at stupid AM they left it on. It went off during the day and now it's back on. angry

WTF. I am not being unreasonable, am I? Surely this isn't normal behaviour? I feel like I am going fecking mad.

SchroSawMargeryDaw Fri 19-Apr-13 21:04:22

They also have hand held ones of these lights and instead of standing at the bottom of the hill and facing up, they have been standing at the top and shining them down right into my fecking window.

mrscumberbatch Fri 19-Apr-13 21:08:44

Wtf>? Sounds mental Schro.... can you not chap and tell them that the late night banging and lights is keeping the kids awake?

Or phone environmental health, they were really good when we had a similar problem a couple of years ago.

mrscumberbatch Fri 19-Apr-13 21:10:12

Out of hours team

Give them a bell to sort it!

SchroSawMargeryDaw Fri 19-Apr-13 21:11:22

Mrs I don't know them and I think they're pretty scary...

If they don't quit it tonight then I will phone environmental health tomorrow as they are driving me insane now.

Remember the storm the other day and the gales? The guy even stayed out in that! shock

SchroSawMargeryDaw Fri 19-Apr-13 21:11:59

Thank you for that number! Should I take pictures once the proper flood lights come on?

mrscumberbatch Fri 19-Apr-13 21:16:01

If they're a bit scary then definitely send round the council lackeys!

Environmental health will want to be there as it's happening, they came round to ours and stayed for 20 minutes because, of course, the minute they get there the issue stops.

I'd take pictures and maybe take a note of times that it is coming on. I'm sure that noise wise theres a curfew with regards to how many decibels they can reach etc so if it's noisy past 8 or 9pm call tehm on it.

The storm that blew over my neighbours wendy house that was anchored to the ground in concrete? Jeezo. Whatever they're building they must be very desperate. Or part inuit to put up with the freezing cold winds!

SchroSawMargeryDaw Fri 19-Apr-13 21:18:06

I don't actually know what they are building as I don't see anything being built!

And yes, that storm. It broke my neighbour (to the side)s tree in half! This guy was out the entire time. confused

mrscumberbatch Fri 19-Apr-13 21:19:00

That is insane. Just out there bashing away with a sledgehammer in the middle of a storm? lol.

The Only Way Is Glasgow eh?

SchroSawMargeryDaw Fri 19-Apr-13 21:25:41

I don't know what he was doing. confused

I've put pics on my profile! By the way, these lights are on the lowest setting, as it gets darker they turn the brightness up!

Only in bloody Glasgow. Nutters.

mrscumberbatch Fri 19-Apr-13 21:29:21

That would annoy the shit out of me. Go for it!

But LMFAO @ your manky wee cherub. Almost better than the MN Bat for a clickthrough wink Definitely cuter!

SchroSawMargeryDaw Fri 19-Apr-13 21:34:36

Haha, a baby and a bowl of marshmallow fluff makes for a very fun afternoon. grin

So I'm not being unreasonable then? Is this light pollution or something? Please tell me it is, I'm dreading 3am and having to look at these stupid lights!

mrscumberbatch Fri 19-Apr-13 21:38:10

It's intrusive lighting... phone and complain! Sooner you do it the sooner they'll come out.

Oh god DD has never tasted the goodness that is Fluff yet.... judging by your picture i might steer clear for a while as well. What a sticky mess wink

MiaowTheCat Fri 19-Apr-13 21:40:12

You've got my sympathy with the floodlights - our neighbours did the building frenzy last year and must have installed half the garden lighting aisle from B+Q which all shine into our back windows. They're forever forgetting to turn them off on a night and thus the kids' room, and going to the loo in the bathroom in the middle of the night is like the centre circle of Old Trafford and it's shit.

SchroSawMargeryDaw Fri 19-Apr-13 21:40:44

I'm going to phone them but I will hold off to a bit later so I have proper grounds for complain, they've already started turning the lights up so...

No, you really have to get it. It was hilarious and totally worth the mess, he ended up with his hands actually stuck to his legs.

SchroSawMargeryDaw Fri 19-Apr-13 21:41:25

Miaow Have you/did you do anything about it?

MiaowTheCat Fri 19-Apr-13 21:46:16

Very little we can do really - we rock the boat and they'll forget to switch the lights off every night as well. Don't really want a neighbour dispute to have to declare if/when we ever decide to sell the house.

SchroSawMargeryDaw Fri 19-Apr-13 21:48:17

Neighbours have disappeared now but the lights are still on.

I'm really not sure I want to complain, it's obvious it would be me who would be complaining and we already get enough trouble here.

mrscumberbatch Fri 19-Apr-13 21:57:10

KILL THEM.

I get cranky if I've had no sleep.

Seriously, report it. They can always say that it was picked up on by a community officer doing the rounds.

SchroSawMargeryDaw Fri 19-Apr-13 22:06:41

We've decided that we are going to give it an hour and if they're not off by then, we are going to phone and report.

Arses. angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now