Talk

Advanced search

to ask you if its possible when PG to feel the baby move this early on?

(24 Posts)
MoodyDidIt Fri 19-Apr-13 14:13:38

i say 10 - 14 weeks as i am honestly not sure until i have my scan (long story)

anyway, for the last week or so i am SURE i have been feeling movements. they are really low down and fluttery. i have had 2 other dcs so i know what they feel like, and am pretty sure thats what it is

but if i am only 10 weeks, is it even possible to feel movements yet? :S as i said i could well be further on but frustratingly i have still not had a date through for my scan sad so any advice appreciated!

(ps posted a similar thread in pregnancy earlier so sorry if anyone saw it, but i go no replies as its like, tumbleweed, in there sad )

MoodyDidIt Fri 19-Apr-13 14:14:49

sorry, first line should read "i am about 10 - 14 weeks pg...." blush

CookieLady Fri 19-Apr-13 14:16:10

For my second one I felt him move quite early on too.

AllDirections Fri 19-Apr-13 14:16:18

I felt DD3 moving at 13 weeks. By the time she was born she'd kicked my 2 bottom ribs out of place and she was at 98.5% for height on the centile chart.

CookieLady Fri 19-Apr-13 14:17:03

Forgot to say congratulations.

Hassled Fri 19-Apr-13 14:17:15

I was certainly aware of movements much earlier in my later pregnancies than first time round - partially because you recognise the feeling, and partly (at least in my case) because your abdominal muscles are so buggered that there's very little holding the movement in, if that makes any biological sense whatsoever.

Could just be wind, of course grin.

GoblinGranny Fri 19-Apr-13 14:17:23

I felt both of mine from 12 weeks, fluttery movements.
I was very thin both times, I have no idea if that makes a difference at all!

jennimoo Fri 19-Apr-13 14:17:58

I felt DC1 at 13 weeks, I'm quite sure although all the books would say I didn't! I have rubbish tummy muscles though...

TheOneWithTheHair Fri 19-Apr-13 14:18:11

Dc3 from about 11 weeks. Congratulations.

everlong Fri 19-Apr-13 14:19:39

I've had children and the earliest I've felt them move is about 15 weeks. I think realistically any earlier than that it would be wind.

changedmynametoomanytimes Fri 19-Apr-13 14:20:09

I felt my baby move around 14 weeks - although the midwife sneered at me sad

I think it's because I'm small and slim ... and also baby was a complete nutter whilst in my stomach (and is currently running around like one now! grin)

Enjoy the wriggles ... before they turn into award winning goal attempts on your ribs and organs! wink

Thumbtack Fri 19-Apr-13 14:20:09

yeah, fluttery sensation about 13 weeks

congratulations

changedmynametoomanytimes Fri 19-Apr-13 14:20:31

Oh yes! And congratulations! smile

MrsBungle Fri 19-Apr-13 14:21:59

I felt my first at 15 weeks.

Second I felt at 12 weeks. It was not wind. When the midwife scanned me at my 12 week scan I told her it was moving when she put the scanner on and it was.

Dahlialover Fri 19-Apr-13 14:22:29

9 weeks with twins grin

DragonMamma Fri 19-Apr-13 14:26:06

I felt dc2 around 11 weeks and it definitely was those little pops I'd first felt at around 16 weeks with DC1

MoodyDidIt Fri 19-Apr-13 14:28:41

lol dahlia are you TRYING to scare me lol grin

yeah i felt DC1 about 15 weeks, and DC2 about 12 weeks. i am quite thin, have actually LOST weight due to stress and feeling very sick (although sickness has nearly stoppped now) and don't have a bump at all yet so don't know if thats got owt to do with it, ie no padding grin

and i am pretty sure it isn't wind. its too far down and its that distinct gentle fluttery sensation

i hope it means i am nearer 14 weeks than 10.....

MrsBungle Fri 19-Apr-13 14:29:04

I don't understand when people say they felt a baby inside them earlier because they are very slim. You wouldn't feel tummy ache or period pain or wind any worse because you are slim or less because you are bigger confused I assume you can feel your insides moving/painful etc no matter what the padding around your body is like!

I can understand that someone else feeling baby move by feeling your stomach from the outside might be able to feel more earlier if you are very slim rather than if you are bigger but not in the case of feeling movement from your own insides! Sorry, as you were!

Dahlialover Fri 19-Apr-13 14:35:16

Maybe some people's insides are more sensitive.

You do get internal body fat too, which is supposed to be what makes people 'apple shaped'.

grin Moody

HorryIsUpduffed Fri 19-Apr-13 14:36:37

At 13-14w with a third, yep.

I'm 11+ after two DC. I keep thinking I felt something but it must be intestinal grin or wishful thinking at this point. I felt DC1 at about 16w and DC2 maybe a week or so earlier.

ChilliJo Fri 19-Apr-13 14:36:52

I became aware of definite movements at 17 weeks with DC1 and 11 weeks with DC2, possibly because I knew what I was looking for second time round.

OHforDUCKScake Fri 19-Apr-13 14:38:56

I felt DC1 at 14 weeks, at 15 weeks my friend saw him kick, strangley it couldnt be seen again until 20+ weeks.

DC2 I felt at 12 weeks, but then I had my scan and found out I was 13, nearly 14 weeks thinking about it.

So 14 weeks for me.

Fakebook Fri 19-Apr-13 14:59:13

Dc1 I felt move at 18 weeks, dc2 at 11 weeks and dc3 at 10wk4d. The early movements I feel are like little taps in th bottom of my uterus. Dc1's movements felt like butterflies.

valiumredhead Fri 19-Apr-13 15:54:09

I felt ds at 17 weeks, he was my first and only.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now