Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to expect having painless sex 6 months after c-section?

(33 Posts)
LaMaga Thu 18-Apr-13 15:42:32

I had sex with DH missionary (6 months after c-section) thinking it would be fine and I got very into it and now I am paying the consequences (lots of pain in the scar area). AIBU to think I should be able to have to enjoy sex like I did before baby (all positions I like)?

And to 'top it' my baby kicked me in the scar area whilst BF. Any advice?

OkayHazel Thu 18-Apr-13 15:53:57

YABU to expect to be miraculously healed.

You'll be fine and able to have a fulfilling sex life again eventually, but it is going to take more time for you evidently.

Take it slow, be gentle and look after yourself. It can only get better from here!

onefewernow Thu 18-Apr-13 17:34:35

Hmmm... I didn't have this issue, and had three sections.

Maybe get it checked?

LaMaga Thu 18-Apr-13 17:35:32

Thank you Hazel I was naive enough to believe all the 'I could dance as soon as I left the hospital' c-section ladies...

MotherOfNations Thu 18-Apr-13 17:36:29

Same as onefewernow. 4 sections here and no problems.

mrswoz Thu 18-Apr-13 17:37:38

I am almost 7 months on from my 3rd section. Sex doesn't hurt, nor did it at the same sort of timeframe after the previous sections. This time round has taken longer for it to feel normal again that's for sure.

Is the scar hurting at any other times? you sure it was the scar? Do you know specifically which part of sex was painful? (not being nosy just trying to help narrow it down, as I'm sure there are others who will have had the same trouble!)

GirlOutNumbered Thu 18-Apr-13 17:37:44

I've had two, last one 7 months ago. I do get some twinges, but not during sex...

CookieLady Thu 18-Apr-13 17:44:14

I've had two c-sections. Last one was six months ago and I've not had any problems with scar during sex. Give yourself a not longer and if it hurts again during sex or any other time see your doctor.

CookieLady Thu 18-Apr-13 17:45:03

*a bit longer.

LaMaga Thu 18-Apr-13 17:55:13

I wonder if it was the position, having DH on top of me. But then I was on top and had maybe about 5 or 6 orgasms blush Orgasms are contractions of of uterus, so, perhaps that it's the problem? Adhesions?

The pain was so bad I had to take strong painkillers and I usually don't take painkillers. The pain was in the pelvic area/ around the c-section scar (it was worse when DH was on top and after sex).

I actually thought I was recovering well, because I didn't have any scar pain prior to this.

Oodsigma Thu 18-Apr-13 19:56:54

4 sections, last one 6 weeks ago, only pain I have is from a haematoma and is v specific area.

LaMaga Thu 18-Apr-13 20:20:48

of the uterus.

Oodsigma You had 4 sections, I always though women could have only up to 3 children by c section. Maybe you are stronger than other women.

MotherOfNations Thu 18-Apr-13 20:24:47

There's no limits these days MaLaga. The old rule applied to the vertical incision I think. I'm having my 5th section in October.

MotherOfNations Thu 18-Apr-13 20:25:32

Sorry autocorrect changed your name.

Oodsigma Thu 18-Apr-13 21:38:39

Yes no limit now although I was encouraged to stop at 3. Lol at strong though , I'm a wreck during and after pregnancy.

Rosduk Thu 18-Apr-13 21:50:06

I had a c section 4 months ago - crash section- unusually huge scar. I don't get any pain although the occasional twinge

HollyBerryBush Thu 18-Apr-13 21:57:42

I had 3 C-sections, and I never had any problems. And probably started intimate relations far earlier than advised

Flojobunny Thu 18-Apr-13 21:59:48

I had a section 4 yrs ago and still twinges if caught in the right place.

MakeHayNotStraw Thu 18-Apr-13 22:03:53

Nothing useful to add (I didn't have problems with my section scars) apart from 5 or 6 orgasms??? I want me some of that!

LookingForwardToMarch Thu 18-Apr-13 22:04:42

Maybe have it checked?

Had one 8 weeks ago and no problems dtd since week 5.

valiumredhead Thu 18-Apr-13 23:07:57

People heal differently, mine still twinges occasionally 12 years on! You had major abdominal surgery, if you had had a hysterectomy you would be told to lift nothing heavier than a kettle for 6 weeks and to take it easy etc but because we give birth we are meant to snap back into shape and for there to be no pain, which is not the case ime.

MotherOfNations Thu 18-Apr-13 23:17:53

I was pregnant again 3 months after my first section and again 6 months after the Second. You'd think if anything was going to cause problems that would.
I would get checked just to be on the safe side.

TarkaTheOtter Thu 18-Apr-13 23:46:04

5 or 6 orgasms? Crikey. <not helpful at all>

valiumredhead Fri 19-Apr-13 15:43:46

Your section gave you 5 or 6 orgasms? confused

valiumredhead Fri 19-Apr-13 15:44:36

Oh I see, I have just re read properly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now