Talk

Advanced search

To go on the scrounge?

(5 Posts)
fuzzypicklehead Thu 18-Apr-13 12:48:45

Walking home from school yesterday, we passed a skip about 10 houses down from us. Don't really know the people who live there, although I've said hello/spoken to them once or twice.

Anyway, they appear to be re-doing their bathroom, so the skip is full of tiles, sink, etc.

I use odd tiles a lot to make coaster sets in our upcycling group. I'm forever sniffing around Emmaus and other charity shops that take DIY goods to find used tiles or leftovers. WIBU to knock on these people's door and ask to rummage in their skip?

It would be a huge help to us, but I don't know if I've got the front to do it!

Pancakeflipper Thu 18-Apr-13 12:51:04

Go and ask them. Bet they will be delighted.

Go on.... Stop hanging around here and go...

bubblesinthesky Thu 18-Apr-13 12:53:33

ask them they clearly dont want it. They have to pay for the skip so if they have some extra space I am sure they'll be quite happy. I know I was really pleased last time I got a skip. I filled it, surveyed my still cluttered house and thought I'd have to get another. next morning it was half empty smile

fuzzypicklehead Thu 18-Apr-13 12:54:30

Maybe if I print off a leaflet for them, they'll think I'm slightly less weird...

mrsjay Thu 18-Apr-13 12:55:48

yes put a note through their door or just knock and hand them a leaflet they can read it so you dont feel so awkward it is all going to the tip anyway ask them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now