Talk

Advanced search

To be fuming with OH

(18 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Wed 17-Apr-13 17:34:07

Fucking fed up really am for the last 3 years we had infestations of some kind- ants, then flying ants and now I keep seeing little flies and I blame OH. The kitchen has been half finished for years and think this is causing it cause there are gaps- but last years was pregnant when it happened so didn't really want to/was able to eat properly until it was sorted same now and I'm breastfeeding newborn I've told him to sort it but it won't get done. I fucking fed up of it.
We were supposed to have been living in another houe by now too but refused mortgage as he has bad credit( although i will say this waa from when he was supporting is both and things got on top of him)

So I'm basically stick in the infested house and its all his fault did I say I'm fucking fuming?!

OldBagWantsNewBag Wed 17-Apr-13 17:39:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

noclue2000 Wed 17-Apr-13 17:41:11

why cant you sort it out?
you both live there
its both your home
and as for the dig about his bad credit being a problem, it is both of you that have the issue if you got into problems when he was supposrting you both.

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 17-Apr-13 17:45:03

At this point not actually that much as every year he's done a bit more but done more tiling, more silicon around the sides and some pipe work needs boxing in. He's promised me that the silicon will be done by Tomo just fed up that its always down to me nagging its not like he's lazy he's actually very hardworking so I don't get it.

OldBagWantsNewBag Wed 17-Apr-13 17:45:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

There are how-to videos for every aspect of DIY online, stop seething about it and get it done yourself.

I also agree with NoClue about his credit, thats pretty harsh to bring that up, I hope you haven't done so with him.

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 17-Apr-13 17:50:04

I suppose I can Noclue but he's in a trade and could do it himself. Whereas I'm pretty useless at things like that but if it comes to it I'll pay someone to do it all.
With the credit yep take your point I suppose I just resent that I'm here I promised myself I wouldn't be livibg here when I had a baby but here we are I could just cry I fucking hate it I just want a nice normal house not a mansion just somewhere bigger and not infested with flies!

Bogeyface Wed 17-Apr-13 18:00:46

Ants cant be helped. But flies dont come if there is nothing there for them. Your issue there isnt an unfinished kitchen but rubbish or rotting food or some such. Flies lay their eggs where the maggots can be fed, if there is nothing for them to eat then they wont lay eggs there, and you wont be infested.

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 17-Apr-13 18:13:55

I'm going pull everything out now and have a look I do actually clean my unfinished kitchen quite clean must sound like I live in a shithole

kc77 Wed 17-Apr-13 18:21:13

We had cluster flies, they lay their eggs in soil, not interested in rotting food and crap. They look for somewhere warm over winter and can get in through the eaves into attic space (also known as attic flies). They come out when it's warmer, could be you've got those?

kc77 Wed 17-Apr-13 18:22:51

Btw I am living in a half finished house too!

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 17-Apr-13 18:23:55

Do they look like little tiny flies?

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 17-Apr-13 18:24:32

Half finished house too then you must feel my pain kc77!

LimitedEditionLady Wed 17-Apr-13 18:41:42

Not being funny but if said he was doing it and has taken three years then yeah id be mad too.if hes a tradesman then why pay someone else to do at a cost?and unless this a professional at fitting kitchens she may want a good finish by someone who can.jeez talk about supporting each other.

kc77 Wed 17-Apr-13 18:57:44

Definitely feel your pain and my pain (splinters in feet from floorboards, I WANT MY CARPET!), my flies just looked like ordinary flies but very slow moving and with long legs that seem to dangle down.... weird I know, the slowness makes them easy to kill.

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 17-Apr-13 19:05:10

Think mine are normal flies just tiny ones. He's doing stuff in there at the minute- I know I sound like a cow but I've reached end of my tether I'm fed up its never ending he wants to buy another doer upper when we do move - no chance!

AllYoursBabooshka Wed 17-Apr-13 19:10:28

Could they be fruit flies?

They are little buggers and a pain in the arse to get rid of.

SquinkiesRule Wed 17-Apr-13 19:41:23

Call a couple of local guys in to give a quote to finish the stuff and see if that shifts him into gear.
I threatened to hire a plumber and Dh got moving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now