Talk

Advanced search

Aibu that Reaveal mag is BU about us Mumsnetters having opinions

(7 Posts)
bongobaby Wed 17-Apr-13 11:29:54

I,m a bit pissed off that under this headline " Mums under attack" and "Other celeb mums under fire on Mumsnet forums. We have been slated for giving opinions and being nasty. Amanda Holden didn,t like the fact Mumsnetters criticised her for going back to work after her baby Hollie was born, she said " I visited Mumsnet because I thought like the perfect social medium, a support network for mums.
"But I discovered it,s alot of women criticising, judging and having a go at each other".
Mumsnet is a great forum for open advice and discussion and at times it calls for honesty and not always sugar coating of things. just who do these people think they are!!!!

quoteunquote Wed 17-Apr-13 12:02:30

Who cares,

If they want to join in they would, and do what every one else is doing here, sharing opinions, advice and experiences.

I'm sure they are here doing exactly that.

The articles are just self promotion and space fillers, anyone reading with half a brain would just think why are you writing this, if you don't like what you read on MN, go on MN and discuss it, it after all a forum for doing exchanging points of view.

Writing an article complaining that people on the internet didn't agree with you is somewhat self defeating, someone should provide irony evening classes, as clearly some have missed out the concept.

quoteunquote Wed 17-Apr-13 12:04:28

Hang on a mo, OP are you Amanda? grin

Bridgetbidet Wed 17-Apr-13 13:45:36

I have been reading these articles and yes it is true that women get criticised on here. It's a discussion forum, nobody is forced to read it and it's not censored so there are a full range of opinions which is good.

What's weird however is that there does appear to be an awful lot of hypocrisy with celebs/other posters/people in the news blah, blah, blah, being criticised. But when Mumsnet as a whole is criticised people are up in arms about people daring to criticise us when an awful lot of this site is based on criticising other people.

I'm afraid we have to suck it up lads, if we expect the people we slag off to take it we have to be big enough to take it ourselves.

quoteunquote Wed 17-Apr-13 14:59:38

I'm afraid we have to suck it up lads, if we expect the people we slag off to take it, we have to be big enough to take it ourselves

Exactly, it's not like it prevents us doing anything.

Anyone can come on here and discuss anything, so if they do want clarification of MN they only have to ask for it.

Alwaysreadingonthetrain Wed 17-Apr-13 15:38:26

I see that Gransnet are discussing Mumsnet too on their Chat forum.

Darkesteyes Wed 17-Apr-13 16:03:26

Yet Woman magazine this week have an article about a single mother on ESA with a very right wing slant on it (the "why should i work when i can get benefits angle) more demonization of single mothers. I wont hold my breath for another publication to express their indignation over this and to jump in and defend her though like Reveal seems to have done with AH.
Cos da rules are different for slebs innit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now