Talk

Advanced search

To use 4 wk old end of bottle of hair dye?

(12 Posts)
freeandhappy Tue 16-Apr-13 21:08:13

They always say to chuck them and they don't keep but I saved half the bottle in case of touch ups needed. But it's been 4 weeks. Do they go off?? Don't want to end up with burnt off hair. It's a feria one I think. Brown colour so not a bleach.

foreverondiet Tue 16-Apr-13 21:30:48

I wouldn't.

Sirzy Tue 16-Apr-13 21:31:27

I wouldn't risk it.

freeandhappy Tue 16-Apr-13 21:36:55

Thanks! I bought another one but I think Different colour and brand so I don't know if it'll be right. I suppose they give all those warnings for a reason.

ShesEverSoFamous Tue 16-Apr-13 21:37:11

If it hasn't been mixed up then it will be fine, if it has then chuck it. It will have too much oxygen in it, probably won't burn your hair but will either go the wrong colour or just not work. Waste of time really.

FannyBazaar Tue 16-Apr-13 22:25:08

What's the worst that could happen?

Floggingmolly Tue 16-Apr-13 22:51:17

No! It'll burn the head off you at the very least.

WinterWinds Tue 16-Apr-13 23:04:07

If you have mixed it then no I wouldn't risk it.

Piffyonarock Tue 16-Apr-13 23:19:19

My mum did this and her hair turned green, no joke. It was a brownish khaki green, but definately green. She'd done it to go to a funeral too, had to go over in a much darker colour that she wasn't comfortable with either.

I once pre-lightened and then bleached over it cos I hadn't read the instructions properly and did burn my scalp, haven't attempted blonde since!

squeakytoy Tue 16-Apr-13 23:22:17

I definitely wouldnt. The chemicals have been mixing together for a month! I am surprised it hasnt exploded or burnt its way through the bottle.

Imnotaslimjim Wed 17-Apr-13 09:01:15

If you've mixed it, it just won't work. A basic colour has a reaction time of 45 minutes, after that they just don't do anything. You do risk causing chemical burns if you use it

For next time, if you don't think you'll use all the bottle, find a clean dry bottle, and split it. The bottle usually tells you how much is in it, so just weigh out how much you want and mix it together. Then you can leave the leftovers unmixed for touch ups in a couple of weeks

GobShizz Wed 17-Apr-13 10:36:25

You're lucky it hasn't exploded, frankly. Chuck it, and get a new one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now