Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be feeling like a rubbish mum

(5 Posts)
Rushyswife Tue 16-Apr-13 19:17:37

Hi
DS (14 months)has had what I think must be novo virus, sickness and diarrhoea, since Saturday. He's on the mend and taking fluids but now I've got it! I feel like death! I am never ill but I keep thinking how awful it must have been forDS and he has not made any fuss!
Today dh had to go to his leaving do at work, so lovely mil has had ds for me. DH has said I mustn't touch him in case I reinfect him :-( I feel so guilty. Ds was asking for me earlier and I smiled and waved at him but didn't cuddle him. If he's been feeling half as bad as I do and his own mother won't cuddle him, how rubbish does that make me?

Buddhagirl Tue 16-Apr-13 19:25:10

Not rubbish. He has his granny. Also I am sure if you wash your hands your alright to touch him?

Regardless, your not a rubbish mum.

catgirl1976 Tue 16-Apr-13 19:26:26

You're not rubbish you are ill and he's having lots of love and attention from his dad and grandma

get well soon thanks

chandellina Tue 16-Apr-13 19:39:03

Nhs says you're immune for around 14 weeks after having it so re infection is unlikely.

Rushyswife Tue 16-Apr-13 19:42:42

Thanks guys! Think I'm feeling pathetic! Washed my hands but he didn't want to cuddle me and cried and held his arms out to his nana! Typical! Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now