Talk

Advanced search

to be mad with dh for throwing these out.

(7 Posts)
playpen80 Tue 16-Apr-13 00:57:42

I have a fair amount of the children's school stuff and magazines etc which I am slowly going through/ reducing.
The magazines are largely unread and some of the newsletters mention dc so I would like to keep for sentimental reasons.
Today I returned from a long weekend with my dc and siblings.
I have just got up to deal with baby so thought I would grab a magazine to read whilst feeding.
The box they are stored in has clearly been pruned. (quite severely) and the recycling was collected today.
Aibu to get cross with dh in the morning.
Incidentally he has a fair amount of his own collections which I never chuck.

ripsishere Tue 16-Apr-13 01:50:39

Yes and no.
My DH and DD have hoarding tendencies, once they are out of the way I choose a pile of teetering 'stuff' to sort out.
I normally put it into a carrier bag, if they haven't asked about it for a week, out it goes.
Keeping newsletters would drive me to despair. Could you clip out the relevant article and paste it into a book?

livinginwonderland Tue 16-Apr-13 08:34:54

if you didn't tell him they were to be kept, yabu. if you did, yanbu!

Catsize Tue 16-Apr-13 08:42:48

Drives me nuts when partner throws away my stuff without asking. Managed to stop a pair of shoes going the other day, as for my slippers and favourite saucepan... RIP

If it is yours, he has no right to do this in my humble opinion!

waikikamookau Tue 16-Apr-13 08:47:04

yanbu, I keep things, for sentimental reasons, I should be the one to throw them out.

waikikamookau Tue 16-Apr-13 08:48:08

I still have newsletters which have photos of my dc's on, um, some years later, blush but I would keep them on the noticeboard or in a drawer.

Grammaticus Tue 16-Apr-13 08:48:15

You are hoarding a bit by the sounds of it. You really can't keep every newsletter that mentions your kids. If the magazines really interested you, you would have read them. I think he did you a favour. Maybe you need to do him one back wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now