Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be a hmm about Boston victims

(150 Posts)
Gossipmonster Mon 15-Apr-13 22:56:45

Photos and Memes (sp?) already appearing on FB hmm.

It's only been a couple of hours - the man with his legs blown off us particularly offensive - he is prob still fighting for his life - his family might not know he is hurt yet?

Yet SIL just posted a picture of him with the caption "he was running for charity yet lost both his legs in the bombings" hmm .

FFS what is wrong with people? sad

Cherriesarelovely Mon 15-Apr-13 22:58:00

Oh no, I haven't seen that. Agree that is too much. What a hideous tragedy at what is meant to be such a fantastically euphoric event.

HollyBerryBush Mon 15-Apr-13 22:58:18

Are we allowed to say 'bombing' now?

Sparklingbrook Mon 15-Apr-13 22:58:22

FB is what's wrong with people. sad

Gossipmonster Mon 15-Apr-13 22:58:40

Sorry for my typos blush

ThreeWheelsGood Mon 15-Apr-13 22:58:48

Bloody hell. Way too soon!

LegoAcupuncture Mon 15-Apr-13 22:58:49

My thoughts exactly. Nothing seems to go by without a FB support page popping up within minutes.

Gossipmonster Mon 15-Apr-13 22:59:09

Said on the news there were 3 bombs?

HollyBerryBush Mon 15-Apr-13 22:59:45

I was told off for saying 'bombing'.

ExitPursuedByABear Mon 15-Apr-13 22:59:47

Ah Facebook. The work of the devil.

Footface Mon 15-Apr-13 23:00:05

Sky new are worse, pictures with little drawn on arrows like they do for sporting matches. Disgraceful

ssd Mon 15-Apr-13 23:00:21

another reason to loathe facebook

aldiwhore Mon 15-Apr-13 23:00:37

Mostly it's anger, forgive.

Distasteful and unthoughtful yes, probably, but actually mostly it's shock... and no where near as awful as the act itself.

Therefore though I understand where you're coming from YABU.

So soon after the event, YWNBU to post a shocked thread on here, the fact that you're picking apart reaction with no acknowledgement of your feelings on the event itself says YABU, at this time.

Personally, I find bombing the fuck out of innocent people more offensive than moaning about the pictures people are sharing. Maybe that's just me.

Give it a week of people claiming the horror for themselves and I may agree with you, but right now, YABmoreU than anyone who's shocked at the event itself.

MrsVamos Mon 15-Apr-13 23:00:38

Another very good reason why I am not on FB or Twatter.

Saw it on the news, sat watching horrified. Just terrible.

My thoughts go to all the people affected.

Gossipmonster Mon 15-Apr-13 23:00:47

Oh .. Oops obvs we don't know for sure victims of the "explosions" then...

FreudiansSlipper Mon 15-Apr-13 23:01:30

some just love to jump on the grief bandwaggon

hold your babies tight tonight crap is so insincere

BeyondIsBloodOfTheDragon Mon 15-Apr-13 23:01:54

I saw that one. The site that shared it took it down quickly, so I can guess the type of responses they got there!

squeakytoy Mon 15-Apr-13 23:02:14

YANBU... I have seen lots of candle photos already "in memory of the boston victims".. it does seem rather ghoulish and as if people were more interested in showing their "grief" than watching the news properly..

Gossipmonster Mon 15-Apr-13 23:02:54

I don't think that I would want a picture of myself with my legs blown off appearing on a social networking site posted by strangers just jumping on a bandwagon - if I was lucky enough to survive the event.

BeyondIsBloodOfTheDragon Mon 15-Apr-13 23:06:00

"Mourning sickness" / "slacktivism"

SolidGoldBrass Mon 15-Apr-13 23:09:05

What's wrong with saying 'bombing'? <boggled> Is there some sort of wierd PC word for that now?

MarvinMedium Mon 15-Apr-13 23:09:29

I too have seen the candle pics ... that will be some unfriending done by me pretty sharpish.

Not had the terribly injured man photo appear in my FB feed but having seen it online it is highly inappropriate to spring on someone on FB.

And as for that poor man's family ... as you say - he must be fighting for his life this evening.

People are so fucking stupid.

HesterShaw Mon 15-Apr-13 23:09:35

I agree.

The SHARE THIS TO SHOW YOU CARE, YOU ONLY CARE IF YOU SHARE movement.

Gossipmonster Mon 15-Apr-13 23:11:15

Not sure confused.

Not sure why I needed to post my feelings on the bombings - most sane people are appalled by them - that goes without saying.

I was just venting my frustration at moronic Facebook posters jumping on <yet another> bandwagon.

Gossipmonster Mon 15-Apr-13 23:12:15

I can't really delete SIL - can I?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now