Talk

Advanced search

How much longer should I give GP to call me back?

(9 Posts)
bubblesinthesky Mon 15-Apr-13 10:12:06

8 month old DS woke up today with a strange rash -pinprick all over him. I called GP at 8.30am and they said a doctor would call me back. Nothing yet. Do you think i should chase them up?

I have done glass test and it does fade. No temperature but bad cough and runny eyes. Not chicken pox as hes had that recently.

bubblesinthesky Mon 15-Apr-13 10:12:47

sorry thought I ws in chat but since its here please advise me anyway

Theas18 Mon 15-Apr-13 10:17:57

Yes call them. I'm assuming your DS is well? if he's unwell I'd go up there and ask to be seen

bubblesinthesky Mon 15-Apr-13 10:28:50

Typical 5 seconds after I hit post they rung me. Thank you for replying though Thea

They'll see him later this afternoon as they want to discount measles but said to ring back if he developed temperature or the rash noticeably changes

borninastorm Mon 15-Apr-13 10:28:52

Call them back. Could be measles (if not vaccinated) or roseola. Or it could just be a heat rash from having a fever.

Thing is is that you don't know, you need your GP to have a look at your DS. Phone him, he should have already called you back if he knows the age of your DS.

Hope it's nothing too nasty.

borninastorm Mon 15-Apr-13 10:30:53

cross posted.

That's great news.

If it's not measles make sure he checks it's not roseola. My DS had that at 18 months (I'd never heard of it before that), makes them feel pretty rotten for a couple of weeks and no treatment but it's best to know exactly what it is.

DeWe Mon 15-Apr-13 12:03:52

Sounds like it could be a viral rash. Ds gets those. Tiny pin pricks usually just on his face, but can be all over. He had the worst bout at about 15 months, when you could actually see the rash coming out all over him.

He isn't always noticably ill with them. Often they don't fade under pressure so they do a blood test on him in A&E.

digerd Mon 15-Apr-13 12:26:52

It is good he has no high temperature, so long as he doesn't develop one this afternoon.

Also good that GP will be seeing him today.
Good luck

bubblesinthesky Mon 15-Apr-13 17:08:20

home from doctors. it is a virul rash so that's a relief. thanks for the reassuring posts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now