Talk

Advanced search

Dogs in parks

(11 Posts)
Lurksome Sun 14-Apr-13 18:58:47

Not the park in general but the fenced off, gated and signposted with "No dogs allowed" children's area of the park. I don't care how small and cute your dog is, or if it's tied to a fence or on a lead. Dog poo is disgusting. I don't want my toddler crawling in your dog wee either.

mateinthree Sun 14-Apr-13 19:06:59

But some people see their dogs as children. Maybe a compromise would be that dogs can come in if they wear nappies. I'd vote for cats to wear nappies the whole time they are outside too, unless the owner is 100% confident the cat will not go on anybody elses property.

MrsWolowitz Sun 14-Apr-13 19:09:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsWolowitz Sun 14-Apr-13 19:11:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MiaowTheCat Sun 14-Apr-13 19:13:09

No objections to the dog-fenced off play areas... but it would be nice if the people USING these play areas shut the fucking gate to them as well - because they sure as hell don't at our local one and it drives me up the wall.

Lurksome Sun 14-Apr-13 19:24:18

I told a lady today with a dog about the rule. She said "is it? OK...", walked away and settled herself and dog on a picnic bench. She was with her husband and children so I guess thought the rule didn't apply to her.

I was annoyed but nobody else said anything so wondered if it was just me...

Maybe I should have asked: would this pi$$ you RIGHT off too??

LouiseSmith Sun 14-Apr-13 23:05:05

If the dog isn't doing anything, where is the harm....

Its a double edged sword though, I have walked my dog at a "dog park" and parents with a toddler and no dog tutted, when my dog walked past!!!!

x

arabesque Mon 15-Apr-13 16:41:04

YANBU.

Louise If the sign states 'no dogs' then it is rude and inconsiderate to just bring your dog in anyway.

Apart from the dog poo issue, some children are afraid of dogs and won't use the playground if some nuisance has just brought their dog in on the assumption that the rules don't apply to them.

SparkyTGD Mon 15-Apr-13 16:45:04

YANBU, speaking as a parent & dog owner.

HepzibahFlurge Mon 15-Apr-13 16:58:39

I agree...I pointed the same thing out (no dogs sign was on the gate) to a woman yesterday who brought her dog into the kids park near me ( my dog tied up outside the park gate which she had to walk past)
Woman just shouted 'f* off' at me (in front of DS, my bf's 3 kids and her own daughter) and carried on encouraging her dog to climb over the kids climbing frame. She played more with her dog on the equipment than with her own daughter
We left in the end
YANBU

Euclase Mon 15-Apr-13 17:34:39

YANBU - I take my dog to the park often and when DC want to go into the fenced off area I clip his lead to the fence(on the outside of the play area!) in the corner far away from the gates as I appreciate I love my dog but everyone else might not !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now