Talk

Advanced search

To not get more toys out 20 minutes before tea time?

(9 Posts)
slatternlymother Sun 14-Apr-13 16:49:36

DS (2.6) clearly thinks I am. I told him he couldn't play football indoors or get stickers out because it's 20 minutes until tea time, and he can either play with his kitchen or amuse himself in his room.

He's stomped off to play in his room.

Clearly, I am a horrible mother...

But AIBU?

redskyatnight Sun 14-Apr-13 17:04:00

20 minutes till tea time is a long time for a 2 year old to play and get bored with any given toy.

Personally I'd be -making- encouraging my child to tidy up if it's nearly tea time. If it's already tidy would have no problem with football or stickers - neither of which will make huge mess.

Sirzy Sun 14-Apr-13 17:06:02

20 minutes is a long time at 2

We have a rule that before tea is served most toys need to be put away which works well

overmydeadbody Sun 14-Apr-13 17:06:32

agree with RedSky.

20 minutes is plenty of time to play with stickers.

But presumably he can play with anything he likes in his room? So he's not going to be bored..

Can he not just paly with the stickers in his room?

AnyoneforTurps Sun 14-Apr-13 17:07:44

Trouble is, "only 20 minutes" means nothing to a 2.6 year old. You might as well have said "only 15 years smile". I'd say "no more toys because as soon as you've tidied up, it will be teatime".

thebody Sun 14-Apr-13 17:13:16

Well what mum says goes doesn't it? Let him stomp.

DreamingOfTheMaldives Sun 14-Apr-13 19:39:12

Football? Indoors?! shock grin

slatternlymother Sun 14-Apr-13 19:57:47

I know, he found a ball from somewhere and decided that he was going use the French doors as a goal. Or would've done, had I not stopped him grin

Stickers are fine, but he can't get them off the backing paper himself and usually needs help; I was cooking his tea and didnt have the time to dedicate to it tbh.

He was fine in the end, he didnt have a tantrum, more of a teenager style strop/moody on grin

slatternlymother Sun 14-Apr-13 19:58:30

anyone that's a better way of putting it, I think I'll use that next time instead of a measure of time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now