Talk

Advanced search

Caught dc friend trying to steal from a shop.

(10 Posts)
whokilleddannylatimer Sat 13-Apr-13 23:09:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

coreny Sat 13-Apr-13 23:13:01

how awful for you sad

as difficult as it is if this child is your dc's only friend, it might be best to end the friendship as your dc might be tempted to copy the behaviour

definitely let the mum know though and see what happens - she might be able to put a stop to it

Mrmonkey Sat 13-Apr-13 23:15:11

I've read this before?? Did you post this last year?

AgentZigzag Sat 13-Apr-13 23:15:43

In this instance I would say it's better for your DC to have no friends than one who acts like this.

It's not the stealing as such that I would be worried about (it's wrong, but I would say not totally unknown for DC to dabble in it), it's the way he was laughing about it and taking advantage (bullying?) your DC.

That makes me feel uncomfortable, maybe that he knows there's an imbalance of power between himself and your DC and he's not above abusing that.

If you thought you might not let them get together again, then why not have a word with his mum to see what she has to say about it, what have you got to lose?

TeamEdward Sat 13-Apr-13 23:18:53

whokilleddannylatimer Sat 13-Apr-13 23:19:04

Damash12 Sun 14-Apr-13 04:47:49

Tell the mother, and I'd probably stop the friendship tbh.

Buzzardbird Sun 14-Apr-13 06:21:24

I also had a feeling of deja vous then grin

comedycentral Sun 14-Apr-13 08:06:12

This doesn't have to be the end of their friendship. They are both really young and there is still time to correct this behaviour. I would go and see his parents and tell them about the incidents. Good luck.

LimitedEditionLady Sun 14-Apr-13 08:25:40

Hi i dont think you should stop them being friends unless your child would be happier from it,a child will make mistakes and its up to the adults around him to help him learn from his mistakes,give him a chance to change.yes you should tell his mother,he needs his mum to tell him right from wrong,would he do this if his mum had took them or is he just trying to be powerful because he perhaps feels there will be no consequence?yes its hard but time will tell

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now