Talk

Advanced search

for thinking that it was out of order sticking your finger in a cake

(24 Posts)
wintertimeisfun Sat 13-Apr-13 12:36:54

and then licking off the icing (big chunk of it) whilst queuing in john lewis cafe. this is what a women a little infront of me did whilst chatting to her young daughter. i was really gobsmacked tbh. fwiw she had long fingernails that didn't look that clean either smile (she didn't have nail varnish on)

wankerchief Sat 13-Apr-13 12:37:54

Was it her cake?

wintertimeisfun Sat 13-Apr-13 12:38:52

no no, i should have been more clear. you know where you queue up where you help yourself with a tray. there were a selection of cakes (with icing) after the salads towards the till area....

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sat 13-Apr-13 12:39:22

If it was on her tray and she was going to pay for it and eat it, then I don't think I'd care either way.

If she was dipping into it and leaving it there, then I'd probably object grin

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sat 13-Apr-13 12:40:17

So she didn't pick up the cake and pay for it then? She left it there on sale, having scooped a bit of icing off?

wankerchief Sat 13-Apr-13 12:40:22

If it were a random cake she didn't buy then she is a grim cake defiler.

Yanbu

wintertimeisfun Sat 13-Apr-13 12:40:52

it was the display cake that you cut a slice from and put it on a plate. in other words, the piece of cake that she had stuck her finger into was going to end up on some poor unsuspecting sods plate :D

OldBagWantsNewBag Sat 13-Apr-13 12:43:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sat 13-Apr-13 12:45:04

Then that is grim!

I would not have been able to stop myself from loudly asking her to please purchase the cake she's just stuck her finger into.

Revolting.

MrsKoala Sat 13-Apr-13 12:46:32

shock

i once brought a big cake into work for my birthday and when i put it an the kitchen a colleague scraped all the icing off the top and said quite normally to me 'i only like icing' erm thanks, now no one else will eat the cake with your finger marks all over it.

Another time i did food for a party and there were veggies and meaties going. i cooked an enormous meat mousaka and a big veggie lasagne. Imagine my surprise when the family of veggies raced to the table before everyone and scraped the topping of aubergine and potato off the top of the mousaka, leaving a baking dish of mince. I said why have you done that? and they informed me they loved aubergine (like that makes it okay) and i said it's in the lasagne too, and they shrugged and smiled and said it's okay they were happy with that so not to worry - like my concern was they hadn't got what they wanted confused . Not that it looked like i had served a dish of mince to guests, or that i'd made a special effort for their 'strict' vegetarianism angry

Pandemoniaa Sat 13-Apr-13 12:47:22

YANBU.

She should keep her hands off cake that she doesn't intend to consume herself. My dm was exceedingly particular about this - woe betide anyone who absentmindedly fingered pieces of cake and then left them for someone else to eat - and I have inherited her particularity. So I'm afraid I would have had to say, imperiously, "You will be buying that cake won't you? Only it's not fit for anyone else's consumption now".

Finola1step Sat 13-Apr-13 12:48:11

So she stuck her finger in a cake, licked off the icing and left the cake for someone else to eat? She didn't buy the fingered cake? The dirty mare.

Wonder if she was the same woman in the potty at the theatre thread!

wintertimeisfun Sat 13-Apr-13 12:48:46

i wanted to (say something) but wasn't in a confrontational mood. she didn't look like the sort of woman you would want to mess with, tough old bird

wintertimeisfun Sat 13-Apr-13 12:51:25

theatre thread? i will have to find it, is it recent?

Fenton Sat 13-Apr-13 12:55:43

In John Lewis?

shock

TastesLikePanda Sat 13-Apr-13 12:56:42

Maybe she wasn't brave enough to punch it... With so many witnesses around?

What kind of cake was it btw? If you say lemon drizzle I will pee myself

wintertimeisfun Sat 13-Apr-13 12:57:32

just found the threatre thread. i think i may have upchucked if i had been there. no offence but the smell of another childs poo is really horrible, pretty sure this is a natural animal instinct thing (to only 'like' the smell of your own childs poo). fenton yup, certainly was

ThePskettiIncident Sat 13-Apr-13 12:58:25

Was she a cake punching mnetter?

wintertimeisfun Sat 13-Apr-13 12:59:04

it had a lovely white butter icing with white sponge. oddly enough i was thinking of having a slice but after that i had a bag of crisps instead as i didn't want to take the chance that i got the slice that her finger had been in

wintertimeisfun Sat 13-Apr-13 12:59:53

what is a 'cake puncher'....?

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sat 13-Apr-13 13:02:09

Did she misunderstand how to punch a cake?

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sat 13-Apr-13 13:03:10

See Classics, OP. it should be on the first page.

Pandemoniaa Sat 13-Apr-13 13:04:47

I was going to mention cake punching because a whole different set of rools apply. But the Fingering Woman was clearly a rank amateur. And a dirty baggage.

wintertimeisfun Sat 13-Apr-13 13:12:45

i have always wanted to sit on one smile so i would be a cake sitter smile (no kinky reason, just always joked about sitting on a cake although i think that would be far more noticeable in JL than sticking my finger in one..)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now