Talk

Advanced search

to be pissed off with DP

(79 Posts)
ruledbyheart Sat 13-Apr-13 11:44:22

Today is the last day I can spend any fun time with my DCs before they go back to school so I said they can do whatever they want, it was a decision between all of them that they want to go to Macdonalds, fair enough they don't go often and I said anything they wanted.

Told DP the plan as he will be driving as I haven't passed my test yet, and he is whinging saying no because he is on a diet and its not fair to tempt him.

The car is a joint purchase, I pay for the insurance/ fuel etc and when he isn't at work he had agreed to let me use it as I wish with him as driver.

I'm so pissed off, I want Macdonalds too now and at 5 months pregnant I want to eat what I want.

Its not my fault he is on yet another diet, he is the one who eats shit most of the time and puts the weight on then decides because he is on a diet I'm not allowed shit food in the house so the rest of us have to go without.

I have 3 disappointed DC and a sulking DP.
AIBU to think he should suck it up and stick to the deal?
I'm not forcing him to eat.

Btw this diet is a thing that he only sticks to, to suit himself.

GiveMummyTheWhizzer Sat 13-Apr-13 11:46:43

Get the bus with them? Then he doesn't have to go?

50shadesofbrown Sat 13-Apr-13 11:47:07

Can he not take you & dc there, then go off & do his own thing for a bit?

voscar Sat 13-Apr-13 11:47:14

He can buy a nice salad in McDonalds. He's being totally unreasonable.

GiveMummyTheWhizzer Sat 13-Apr-13 11:47:34

Sorry posted to soon! But he is BU as he made the deal to take you where you wanted. Not your fault he's on a diet.

WorraLiberty Sat 13-Apr-13 11:48:12

He needs to take control of his own eating habits/lack of willpower that's for sure.

How far away is Maccy Dees from you? Can you walk/take the bus/taxi?

glossyflower Sat 13-Apr-13 11:48:36

I can understand your frustrations that his diet is only when it suits him but I feel maybe YABU a little. I've never had a weight problem but have seen loved ones trying to lose weight and it is hard to get the motivation sometimes, maybe if you could support DP in his diet plans he's be more successful at sticking with it.
That said you did promise your DC anything they wanted. Can't you compromise somehow? Maybe go to a pub restaurant with a play area so DP can chose something healthier?

glossyflower Sat 13-Apr-13 11:49:58

voscar McDonalds salads are surprisingly high in calories. Nothing you buy at McDonald's is low in calories!

ruledbyheart Sat 13-Apr-13 11:51:31

The nearest Macdonalds is at a services as such so no buses and too far for a taxi? The only other one is in a city centre which will be heaving and nearly impossible for me to take 3dc under 5 whilst nearly 6mths pregnant by myself.

So annoyed as we only go every 3mths or so as a treat but he has decided he is on a diet so he won't go.

glossyflower Sat 13-Apr-13 11:52:00

Or of you are going then don't make him come with you get public transport then do something as a family after.

ruledbyheart Sat 13-Apr-13 11:53:18

Glossy I do support DP most of the time but he literally decides he is on a diet the day I've made plans.

squeakytoy Sat 13-Apr-13 11:53:41

why can he not take you and go off and do his own thing for a bit, or just not eat in there...

RandomMess Sat 13-Apr-13 11:55:10

errrrrrrrrrrrrrr McDonalds sell salads that are low in calories...

CamperWidow Sat 13-Apr-13 11:55:50

Salads, wraps, a fillet o fish which is steamed, not fried.... there are options. Tell him to buck up and get on with it!

BreasticlesNTesticles Sat 13-Apr-13 11:59:16

Nonsense! DH has just popped out to get 2 dc's happy meals. I am on a diet again big deal! I have a jacket potato in the oven.

He is being ridiculous.

NynaevesSister Sat 13-Apr-13 12:00:05

A grilled chicken salad at McDs is NOT high in calories if you don't use an entire sachet of dressing on it. Use a little dressing and you are fine. I happen to love their salad!

pictish Sat 13-Apr-13 12:01:59

The chilli chicken wrap is low in fat and well delish! I am on a diet too.

Your dp is being unreasonable btw. Does everything has to be considered with him as the priority? What a big baby!

ruledbyheart Sat 13-Apr-13 12:02:56

Think I might show him this thread, well I would but he has stormed out sulking so looks like it's down to me to do all the entertainment for the children, too wet for the park and too far to go anywhere else as the town has nothing for children.

Selfish twat!

pictish Sat 13-Apr-13 12:04:22

Go to McDonalds as requested ffs! He's being a bellend - let him flounce!!

swallowedAfly Sat 13-Apr-13 12:06:44

sounds like mcds is the least of your problems and a selfish, childish dp who can't suck it up for his kids and pregnant wife like a grown up is a far bigger issue.

pictish Sat 13-Apr-13 12:07:10

Agreed.

swallowedAfly Sat 13-Apr-13 12:08:18

i really feel for people who have to deal with pathetic crap like this in their lives from another adult.

mn does nothing to convince me i'd be better off with a partner.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sat 13-Apr-13 12:09:13

He sounds like a total prat. I'm guessing that this is the thin end of the wedge in terms of selfish/childish/knobend type behaviour?

Pigsmummy Sat 13-Apr-13 12:10:47

Chicken salad is awesome in mcd's, ask him to take you, it's not fair on the DC's if you had agreed this with them.

pictish Sat 13-Apr-13 12:11:05

Yabu to be pissed off with your dp. He's not stopping you doing anything - you are, by not ignoring his tedious, self absorbed controlling behaviour!

By being pissed off about his decision, you have given him all the power.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now