Talk

Advanced search

The verdict is in - Lord Sugar attacks Apprentice 'chancer' Stella English after tribunal verdict

(8 Posts)
vivizone Fri 12-Apr-13 20:53:50

Stella has lost the case.

I believe the right decision was reached. Do you?

www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/apr/12/lord-sugar-stella-english-apprentice-tribunal

Sparklingbrook Fri 12-Apr-13 20:54:23

Yup. grin

vivizone Fri 12-Apr-13 20:54:34

Nooooooooooooo this topic was meant for chat! I apologise, will get it moved.

Sparklingbrook Fri 12-Apr-13 20:55:17

But YANBU. grin

vivizone Fri 12-Apr-13 20:55:40

Sugar's words were strong. I fear Stella may never recover. I loved her on the Apprentice - rooted for her like mad.

vivizone Fri 12-Apr-13 20:56:41

Sugar's statement:

In a predictably bellicose response, Sugar not only hailed the decision but promised to lead a wider fight against the spread of what he described as a speculative claim culture.

He said English had picked the wrong fight, describing her as a "chancer" and "money-grabber". He said: "There was never a case for us to answer but her need for money and fame meant that the whole system was subjected to this charade.

"I have been cleared of a derisory attempt to smear my name and extract money from me. The allegations were without substance, and I believe this case was brought with one intention in mind: the presumption that I would not attend the tribunal, that I would not testify and that I would settle out of court, sending Ms English on her way with a tidy settlement.

"I'm afraid she underestimated me and her reputation is now in tatters. I have principles and I am not going to be forced to compromise them, no matter how much time and money they might cost me."

Sparklingbrook Fri 12-Apr-13 20:58:56

No doubt when she goes on This Morning et al we will hear why she thought she had a hope of winning.

Blindingobvs Fri 12-Apr-13 21:01:22

I stand by her and think that Sugar has come out of this like the mysogenist that he is. I believe her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now