Talk

Advanced search

To be repulsed by DHs facial hair

(16 Posts)
glossyflower Fri 12-Apr-13 19:32:48

Honestly I think it's disgusting and actually makes me feel nauseous.

I have no objections to a little well maintained facial hair but his is beyond gross.

There's no style to it he's just growing it to see how it turns out. His moustache hair is so thick and is now growing over his lips, he keeps playing with it with his bottom lip kind of sucking on the hair which totally grosses me out. It reminds me of Roald Dahl's The Twits where I think it's Mr Twit has a beard with all manner of things living inside it.

I'm annoyed with him because he knows how I feel about it, he did the same back in movember which I complained about but let it go.

The other day we got a bit frisky but him kissing me with that thing near my mouth really put me off. I told him I didn't like it and would like for him go shave it off.

I told him again today, even if he keeps the unruly beard hair or sideburns to please get rid of the moustache. Even though I was showing it was really bothering me, he just makes a joke of it.

Seriously if he doesn't do something about if soon I will not be a happy wife.

And while it may sound unreasonable to get so upset about a little facial hair I'm mostly upset he's not taking my feelings about it into consideration.

AIBU?

hmm

Fairylea Fri 12-Apr-13 19:35:32

Personally I love beards. But if you don't I can imagine it's awful.

Tell him you won't shave your legs / yoni / armpits or whatever part he hates hairy until he gets rid of mr twit beard.

littlepeas Fri 12-Apr-13 19:43:26

I think YABU, sorry. It is his face, after all - would you like it if he made hair removal demands of you, and kept on about how much he didn't like it if you refused to comply? I do understand that it must be frustrating for you though, if you really don't like it.

MunchMunch Fri 12-Apr-13 20:06:49

Urgh i sympathise op.

Df has been growing a goatee with the intension of growing it so its quite long. I dont like it, i dont mind stubble or even the length that it is and. Some people suit it but i just don't find it appealing on df.

He knows i dont like it but other men seem to love and admire the minge that is on df's face.

Hes just come in from the the bathroom and shaved it off (so he had a handle bar tashe, then to an '80's furry slug and now its all off)

Thank feck!

Branleuse Fri 12-Apr-13 20:08:21

would you be ok with him insisting you shaved bits of you?

Pilgit Fri 12-Apr-13 20:15:00

I cannot get past the stubble phase... I mean if I had a fetish for sandpaper.... I did once take sandpaper to dh chin to show him how it feels. Yanbu. Eurgh

IslaValargeone Fri 12-Apr-13 20:17:35

It's not about demands and insisting things, it's about what you are used to.

glossyflower Fri 12-Apr-13 20:17:43

As it goes he's not bothered if I go hairy for a bit but if he really felt strongly about my body hair then yes I would.

Slightly different circumstance though as my hairy bits aren't on show and I don't chew on them grin

slatternlymother Fri 12-Apr-13 20:18:48

<sniggers at Mr Twit reference>

Facial hair is rather a statement, isn't it?

YANBU for not liking it. I would probably be the same tbh.

HairyGrotter Fri 12-Apr-13 20:21:55

I NLT date men with facial hair, fucking love it BUT can imagine it's horrible if you don't like it, much like me kissing a man who is clean shaven. Makes me shudder thinking about it

HairyGrotter Fri 12-Apr-13 20:22:11

*only...fuck you, iPad

LadyBeagleEyes Fri 12-Apr-13 20:25:02

I hate beards, but that's just my personal taste.
If he didn't have one when you got together and you're not attracted to him with one then I don't think YABU at all.

glossyflower Fri 12-Apr-13 20:40:54

Although I do prefer clean shaven, his facial hair wouldn't be so bad if it was just maintained better rather than left up grow wild!

glossyflower Fri 12-Apr-13 20:41:11

*it not up

TotemPole Fri 12-Apr-13 20:59:57

Slightly different circumstance though as my hairy bits aren't on show and I don't chew on them

There's your answer. Walk around naked and have a chew of your lady garden now and then.

alwaysinhiding Fri 12-Apr-13 21:12:57

yanbu i feel similar about dhs back hair! it totally grosses me out and i cant bare to touch it, i insist he removes it but he sometimes gets lazy, i cant help disliking it ive tried not to and no he didnt have it when we met!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now