Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to have a glass of wine?

(18 Posts)
ShirazSavedMySanity Fri 12-Apr-13 18:26:24

So, it's Friday, it's 6.15pm, it's been a long week.
DD(4) has a friend over to play. My DS (2) is playing with them. Friend is due to be picked up at 6.30ish.

AIBU to have a glass of wine? I could really do with one, it is the weekend, but I'm not doing as I have another persons child in my care.

Just wondered about everyone else's opinion on this. I'm not taking about rolling around the floor out of my mind drunk, just a glass of wine. DH is here to, he is itching for a beer but I've said we should wait until the play date is over. He's been suggesting it since 5pm.

So, go for it, tell me as it is - its my first post on here after all!

Mutt Fri 12-Apr-13 18:28:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

scarletforya Fri 12-Apr-13 18:28:35

confused

It's after mid-day m'dear <fetches the corkscrew>

Bowlersarm Fri 12-Apr-13 18:29:00

I think it's fine to have a glass of wine on the go by 6.30 on a Friday. Don't get drunk before friend picks up and offer her a glass as she might like one too!

SauvignonBlanche Fri 12-Apr-13 18:29:20

wine cheers!

Grinkly Fri 12-Apr-13 18:29:42

Wine has more effect than beer imo. Have a beer.

Coconutty Fri 12-Apr-13 18:30:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NoWuckingFurries Fri 12-Apr-13 18:32:13

I've already had 2 <helpful>

intheshed Fri 12-Apr-13 18:35:15

Depends on what the mum who is coming to pick up the friend is like- a couple of DD's friends mums I would open the wine and offer them a glass too when they arrive grin. Others, I'd be breaking open the organic houmous and hiding the leftover cake from dinner blush

Whoknowswhocares Fri 12-Apr-13 18:35:25

Eh? You could still drive the car, you are certainly not going to be too drunk to care for a small child for 15 minutes!
I opened mine at 5pm, so I'm with your hubby

ShirazSavedMySanity Fri 12-Apr-13 18:38:37

I would har had one at 5ish but thought I'd better not. DD is in reception so this is a 'new' friend and I'm not sure about the parents.

AnyFucker Fri 12-Apr-13 18:42:48

Go on, live dangerously hmm

It's just as well I never had any uptight friends like this back when I was still hosting playdates...

MichaelPortaloo Fri 12-Apr-13 18:44:45

YABU and are a terrible parent and human being for that matter. You should be ashamed.

hmm

ShirazSavedMySanity Fri 12-Apr-13 18:45:59

Friend has gone. Wine is poured. Friday night has arrived.

YouTheCat Fri 12-Apr-13 18:46:45

I once went to pick dd (then age 7) up from her friend's. The friend's mother was already halfcut. (2/3 of the way down a bottle of wine) and still drinking.

I hung about until her dp got in at 7 and then made my excuses.

Having said that, there's no harm in a swift one after a long week. My wine is chilling and has been all day. grin

headintheclouds Fri 12-Apr-13 18:48:43

Hey we always start at 6 pm on a Friday ! Friday is G&T whilst attempting the Times crossword ( its easier the more inebriated you become) and then wine with dinner ...its always a hard week ! Im about to pour the 2nd glass ... enjoy wine

Hulababy Fri 12-Apr-13 18:50:22

When DD's friend came for a sleepover earlier this week DH and I had a glass or two.
I wouldn't be upset if one of DD's friends parents had a drink whilst DD was with them.

somewheresomehow Fri 12-Apr-13 22:39:26

i dont do wine but have pinched some of ds2's kraken :P

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now