Talk

Advanced search

I know he's got a lot of fans but is anyone else just a little bit tired of seeing/hearing David Tennant all the time?

(81 Posts)
marjproops Fri 12-Apr-13 18:18:34

He's on everything. adverts/voiceovers/dramas/the lot.

i even bought DC a dvd of pirates cartoon instead of an easter egg and he was on that TOO!

theres always a 'flavour of the month' where the same persons all the time on tv and radio and mags- the myclean asses, carol voderman,etc etc get their 15 mins of fame but DT....come on!

you can tell Im soooo not a fan.

as the doctor, well, he was avarage, thankfully we have the brill Matt Smith now, DCs watching 'how to train your dragon' atm on cbbc and i swear his voice is on this too!!!!!

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 12-Apr-13 18:19:10

He's on my shovel list.
Everywhere but the Christmas crib

AnyFucker Fri 12-Apr-13 18:20:11

I ain't a fan in the first place of the ratfaced pipsqueak

ChocsAwayInMyGob Fri 12-Apr-13 18:20:39

No problem at all. I love DT. He is great in Broadchurch- he does the angst filled detective thing really well.

xxDebstarxx Fri 12-Apr-13 18:21:27

OMG yes! He is everywhere. I'm sure he'll be in the kitchen when I go to make food in a minute too! grin

JohnSnowsTie Fri 12-Apr-13 18:21:27

He's an example of someone I used to like before he became completely over exposed.

superbagpuss Fri 12-Apr-13 18:21:48

he's one of my allowed three, sorry but I think he's lovely!

mrsjay Fri 12-Apr-13 18:22:18

I used to love him i really did but good god if i see his squinty face and faux accent once more i may tip over the edge , I couldn't get into broadchurch because of him I honeslty was a huge DT as The Doctor but shhhh dont tell the dds I hate him now, grin

piprabbit Fri 12-Apr-13 18:23:32

He's all over R4 and R4Extra like a rash - but I rather like his voice so I'm happy. I find it's better without the pictures grin.

marjproops Fri 12-Apr-13 18:25:33

XXDEBSTARXX grin. exactly! gets to the point i hear his voice -and i dont know whats worse, his natural voice or a faux ones.

he talks through clenched teeth...so annoying.

ha ha ha. DCs just said 'thats mumsnet you're on isnt it?' are you having a rant? grin

Chipstick10 Fri 12-Apr-13 18:27:33

I don't get him at all. Loads of women fancy him, and I don't know why.

marjproops Fri 12-Apr-13 18:28:19

oh for flips sake how to train your dragons just finished and yes, lo and behold, KNEW it was him again!!!!!

go away! hes like an annoying mosquito atm.

thermalsinapril Fri 12-Apr-13 18:32:20

YANBU. I'd guess that every so often a certain celeb gets a "push" by their agent and you suddenly seem them everywhere! You'll get Lorraine Kelly or Twiggy on the front of every magazine for a while, then it goes on to someone else.

OTTMummA Fri 12-Apr-13 18:34:02

Yanbu, so weasley and sharp featured,, ugh
He is also too animated in everything he does, doesn't he ever get tired?
He doesn't look like he can believe his luck either,,, but he is also starting to believe the hype.

RedHelenB Fri 12-Apr-13 18:36:04

YABU!!

headintheclouds Fri 12-Apr-13 18:40:20

YANBU ,cant bloody stand him...agree with pipsqueak ,I really dont get why he's so popular.But it'd be a funny old world if we all ' got ' the same blokes wouldnt it.

headintheclouds Fri 12-Apr-13 18:42:16

pipsqueak.?? I meant chipstick ( already on the Friday wine!)blush

fizzykola Fri 12-Apr-13 18:43:52

YANBU. Even bloody twigs (tweaks?) in tree fu tom

Empress77 Fri 12-Apr-13 18:44:35

YABU hes awesome.

marjproops Fri 12-Apr-13 18:45:21

that doctor who episode when the masters face was on everyone in the world, even the president? its like its not the master, its DT!!

seriously. DTs not a horrible guy by any means, just overdone now and time for someone else who well then get sick of seeing all the time!

iago Fri 12-Apr-13 18:46:13

The same people get all the work: Stephen Fry, James McWotisface, Evan Davies, John Humphreys et al. They must have excellent agents - or are the BBC just lazy? Don't get me started on Martin Jarvis.

crashdoll Fri 12-Apr-13 18:49:36

YANBU. I think he's awful in Broadchurch, whose bright idea was that?!

cardibach Fri 12-Apr-13 18:52:33

I have only seen him (recently) in Broadchurch and some advert I can't remember. Is he really everywhere?
I like him, by the way.

marjproops Fri 12-Apr-13 18:59:40

cardibach you dont watch a lot of tv do you grin. seriusly, hes everywhere, like a rash.

hell be presenting sky news in a minute with my luck!

ICBINEG Fri 12-Apr-13 19:13:14

ARGH!

Thats a tofer.

First someone disses cumberbatch and now tennent?

MN I despair of you all...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now