Advanced search

To be utterly pissed off with the Jobcentre?

(7 Posts)
Bogeyface Fri 12-Apr-13 14:22:08

I want to stop the JSA claim because I have a job, yet it was easier to start the claim!

Been ringing for 2 weeks, spoken to the people at the actual job centre who give me a new number, ring them, told to ring another number, ring that, fail security (as apparently I dont know my own name hmm) and go through it all again. Finally got through to someone who knew what they were doing and it was totally the wrong department but she agreed to sort it out given the time scales so now we have to wait for a call back.

I dont want MORE money! I want LESS money and the date it stopped so I can tell Tax Credits who wont update my details without that date.

Why does it have to be so hard?! Surely this could be made simpler with a dedicated number to ring to stop a claim? Given that JSA is designed for people who are looking for work, stopping the claim when work is found should be very simple?

pumpkinsweetie Fri 12-Apr-13 14:29:38

It was very simple for them when my dh found a seasonal job, they stopped it straight as well and even gave the housing people a ring to stop hb to. Me and dh went without any money for a whole month until he got his one of wage! And it took us 3 weeks to get it all restarted again afterwards.
We lived of our overdraft, which wasn't good, infact we are still paying it back.
Maybe this has happened to you because they are improving the way they treat people that go and get work.

BenjaminButton172 Fri 12-Apr-13 14:35:07

have you gone into your own local jobcentre and asked them to sign you off?

They did it for me when i signed off.

CajaDeLaMemoria Fri 12-Apr-13 14:36:36

Yes, it's much easier to do this in person. Take the back page of your sign-on book and give it to the person in the job centre.

You'll struggle trying to do it over the phone because they are stuck in their ways.

Iseeall Fri 12-Apr-13 14:54:16

Put a short letter in writing and sent it by recorded delivery(whatever gives you a signature on delivery) keep a copy yourself. It will be cheaper and quicker than what you are doing now. Ask for written proof of receipt and action they have taken.
On receipt of a signed for letter someone has to physically open it, read it and action it, and you have proof that you did your bit by advising them of your change of circumstances.

Tortington Fri 12-Apr-13 14:56:06

has the facility not yet been invented to do this online?

Bogeyface Fri 12-Apr-13 17:20:07

Sorted, after a very short callback!

Sadly there is no way to do it online (or update TC info either, was on hold 25 minutes for them) which is ridiculous imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now