Talk

Advanced search

To think that my neighbours music doesn't need to be this loud!!

(12 Posts)
lisad123everybodydancenow Fri 12-Apr-13 13:58:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

quoteunquote Fri 12-Apr-13 14:03:29

do they realise you can hear it, have you asked them to turn it down?

quoteunquote Fri 12-Apr-13 14:04:23

Sorry, I meant to say, because you have thick walls have they over estimated the sound proofing?

kinkyfuckery Fri 12-Apr-13 14:06:16

I feel your pain. I have the same with my next door neighbour. I put up with it all day every bloody day, and usually into the evening and night too. I also have an autistic child who is very bothered by it.
I would suggest if your neighbour is approachable that you point out how loud it is (if they are not aware) as if not, the resentment will fester.

Flyonthewindscreen Fri 12-Apr-13 14:06:59

YANBU, if the music is so loud it can be heard through thick walls, over the top of the TV, it is too loud. Have you asked the neighbours nicely to turn it down a bit?

Lj8893 Fri 12-Apr-13 14:09:50

YANBU, but yes perhaps they don't realise how loud it is, I would suggest politely asking them to turn it down!

andubelievedthat Fri 12-Apr-13 14:11:28

imo, yabu, simply because ,when can your neighbours play their music"loud " ,if not during the afternoon? if you require absolute silence, buy a detatched home ,perhaps in the countryside, miles and miles from everyone else.i can hear my neighbours music , they are next door, they can hear my music ,they are next to me ,try turning your tv up, failing that ,invite them into your home ,point out the volume, explain yourDd2"s prob, and ask for a deal? cos that"s how it (usually)is resolved,(u scatch my back.......) and out of entire curiosity, ?have you "interacted" with your neighbours prior to this ?>from experience, "do it with sugar "...and smile .

lisad123everybodydancenow Fri 12-Apr-13 14:17:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MsBella Fri 12-Apr-13 14:22:08

Yanbu to be bothered
But yabu to think they should turn it down, its not an unreasonable time for loud noise

Itsjustapuppet Fri 12-Apr-13 15:15:54

Yanbu. This could be life at the moment. Same neighbours for years and the last 6 weeks or so it's been non stop music. There are limits as to how loud music can be, even during daytime. We found the council's noise team/anti social behaviour team and at night, the police, a big help.

specialsubject Fri 12-Apr-13 15:46:15

it's just kids not thinking, as kids don't. Just ask nicely that it be kept to a level where it doesn't come through the walls. Be prepared to repeat and speak (politely) to the parents.

very loud music is allowed if no-one is in earshot or at a gig, or at a VERY occasional party. Otherwise, those who don't live on a desert island keep it to themselves. Doesn't matter who lives next door, what time it is or anything else. It is basic consideration.

there's a fantastic invention called headphones. And there is no excuse for shitty boy band music at all. :-)

ItsAllAboutTheYoni Fri 12-Apr-13 15:49:52

YANBU but it's good that they turned the music down when you asked. Hope they keep it turned off!

If it starts up again, you could speak to their parents and hopefully they'll be considerate and speak to their DCs.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now