Talk

Advanced search

to have put my toddler to bed early and be eating crisps and drinking wine?

(24 Posts)
changedmynametoomanytimes Thu 11-Apr-13 18:40:07

DH is out. On a work networking event piss up with his friends who work in the same business

It's one of my days off work and I've spent all day playing, laughing, reading, food shopping, walking around, cleaning up cr*p, changing bums, cleaning up more cr*p, washing and cleaning up more cr*p

I am now sat on my bum, with the TV guide in hand smile Toddler is bathed, creamed, fed, cuddled and tucked up in bed (albeit probably nearly an hour earlier than when DH does the bedtime routine!)

AIBU?

It is nearly weekend! wine

nokidshere Thu 11-Apr-13 18:41:17

Sounds blisss - wish I could do that to my teenagers LOL

Orangerevel Thu 11-Apr-13 18:41:33

YANBU, you deserve it!

41notTrendy Thu 11-Apr-13 18:42:22

No!
Wish ds was young enough to do same!

rainbow2000 Thu 11-Apr-13 18:44:18

No yanbu i do the same when i can get away with it.It is bliss

changedmynametoomanytimes Thu 11-Apr-13 18:45:29

smile why thank you ladies wine

Although you do scare me with the idea that this will not carry on grin ... I take it a 13 year old will not go to bed at this time and try his/her best to join in the crisps and wine wink

I shall enjoy it whilst it lasts!

MsFlippingHeck Thu 11-Apr-13 19:25:32

As long as this won't result in a 5am 'time to get up mummmmmmy' then yanbu

AuchAyethenoo Thu 11-Apr-13 19:30:43

You SO ARE being unreasonable!!!

Everyone knows it's wine and CHOCOLATE.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 11-Apr-13 19:35:32

Yabu to be worried about it. grin

coughingbean Thu 11-Apr-13 19:37:07

Ooooo how lovely!

surroundedbyblondes Thu 11-Apr-13 19:39:06

Great idea. DDs are sleeping. DH is out playing sport and I think I will crack open the crisps. Mmm smile

Sprite21 Thu 11-Apr-13 19:45:21

YANBU. I would do the same if I wasn't afraid of an early wake up call. DP is also away on a business trip/piss up and I'm exhausted.

I am so in awe of single mothers. Enjoy your brief reprieve!

featherbag Thu 11-Apr-13 19:50:57

YABVVU. Because I am pregnant and would kill for a nice glass of wine!

changedmynametoomanytimes Thu 11-Apr-13 19:51:03

I'm guessing I'll get an early Muuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmyyy! But I'm in work early so hoping I won't mind too much!

Just been up to check on the little one and the snoring/cuddled up with teddy made me melt smile

And it's taken me a long time to feel this way so I'm extra smile tonight

Whoever said the tiny baby days are the best was wrong in my case - having a little communicating pal are most certainly the best for me! smile

changedmynametoomanytimes Thu 11-Apr-13 19:52:03

sorry featherbag!

But just think how tiddly pissed! you'll get off one glass in a few months! grin

MrsAFlowerpot Thu 11-Apr-13 19:54:59

YABVVU - because at 14weeks pg there is NOTHING nicer I can think of envy wink

MrsAFlowerpot Thu 11-Apr-13 19:55:50

wine for us both feather!

I've done the same thing. Dp working long hours this week and I've had 3 days of being alone with ds. Obviously he's lovely and funny but he's also one year old so still at bum wiping, face washing, feeding and carrying stage. I love the bones of him but by 6pm tonight I was done. Bath, story, cuddles, lullabies , wine and pizza smile

changedmynametoomanytimes Thu 11-Apr-13 20:03:20

sounds perfect EnglishGirl - it's nice to know I'm not the only one! smile

Just wish I'd ordered a pizza now ... although I don't consider 8pm too late to call the nice man who delivers them grin

Chockyeggpants Thu 11-Apr-13 20:18:17

Go for it!
envy

Definitely not too late!

DangerousBeanz Thu 11-Apr-13 20:30:01

Oh ring him, you know you want to. fwiw our pizza man delivers big slabs of chocolate fudge cake too, would go down nicely with wine and you wouldn't have to share and... this is the best bit... no one would know and be all Mr Judgey pants lol wine Cheers!

Themobstersknife Thu 11-Apr-13 20:38:07

Yanbu. Its definitely crisps and wine together.
But yabu not to have alreadt had pizza and be moving onto chocoate!
LOVE the little communicating pal description!

PoohBearsHole Thu 11-Apr-13 22:04:51

When dh is late I do the same! Dcs love it as do I! Also thy can be overstimulated ;) so need a rest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now