Talk

Advanced search

To still be in my dressing gown at 12.52 pm?

(33 Posts)
KareninsGirl Thu 11-Apr-13 12:56:34

I'm currently on Easter holiday (Teacher) and so far have done nothing but run around after my DCs and the builders. Today, DD has gone out with her friends, DS is on work experience and H is at work. I'm eating hob nobs, drinking coffee and watching Loose Women in my dressing gown.

Is this unreasonable? I feel like I should be doing something!

BeardofZeus Thu 11-Apr-13 12:57:15

I too am in my dressing gown. Marvellous world.

candyandyoga Thu 11-Apr-13 13:00:41

No no no! Just enjoy! Don't feel guilty and don't feel bad.

Yabu for watching loose women though! ;-)

MrsCosmopilite Thu 11-Apr-13 13:03:52

Today I am.

DD woke us at around 3.30am, sitting up crying, "Mummy!Daddy!". Nothing wrong with her, just awake and bored. Tried cajoling, soothing, distracting etc. but nothing worked.
Got up with her at around 4.30, and got back to bed at around 5.15. Woke at 7 with a horrible headache, nausea etc. Thankfully DH was on a late start today so he got her up, and ready for nursery and dropped her off.
I went back to bed. Only got up an hour ago. So now I'm catching up.

And I have so much I need to do. sad

CurryChip Thu 11-Apr-13 13:06:00

I wish I was in my dressing gown today envy instead I am sitting in my car eating lunch as I need to get a break fom work!!! Make the absolute most of it....Enjoy.

Fairylea Thu 11-Apr-13 13:10:11

I am jealous. You enjoy!

I was up with ds 10 months at 6am and ready to look after dds friend (both aged 10) who arrived at 8.30 .... yawn. We have all been to.soft play and now am I am shattered!

MammaTJ Thu 11-Apr-13 13:12:08

I got dressed for Loose women. I have been working though and I am working a night shift tonight. No child care for the DC, so I try and doze while they run riot watch TV and behave like angels.

KareninsGirl Thu 11-Apr-13 13:19:30

Excellent stuff. Thank you for the validation ladies. I'm contemplating a shower but wondering whether that'll be too much effort?! :D

FreudiansSlipper Thu 11-Apr-13 13:21:57

I have gone back to bed and ds is sitting next to me watching pingu smile

we have had such a busy week a few very late nights so we need to rest is my excuse for being a lazy slob today

MortifiedAdams Thu 11-Apr-13 13:24:24

IVe just got in from work and donned DHs dressing gown however I have also got into bed with two hot waterbottles havibg been sent home with suspected flu.

Jealous of everyone gealthy in their gowns!

YoniOneSugar Thu 11-Apr-13 13:25:18

I got dressed at 10.30 ish as I was engrossed in the Yoni thread, I felt guilty but it was too good to leave.

KareninsGirl Thu 11-Apr-13 13:26:41

Sorry for those unwell/finishing shifts/kept awake by DCs.

Um...yoni thread?!

Pigsmummy Thu 11-Apr-13 13:30:25

I feel smug as today I was dressed by about 10am when normally I am watching a bit of loose women or dinner date still in my dressing gown.

Enjoy it while you can!!!'

OnwardBound Thu 11-Apr-13 13:31:17

It is 1.32pm and I am still in my dressing gown... blush

AIBU?

Tbf I am spending the morning running after a toddler and a pre-schooler.

And I have done the dishes and hung a load of washing out.

But mainly Mumsnetting and procrastinating.

YoniOneSugar Thu 11-Apr-13 13:37:41

Yoni thread is now in Classics, have a read. grin with coffee and cake.

KareninsGirl Thu 11-Apr-13 13:50:04

wanders off to classics with cake and coffee

ChestyNut Thu 11-Apr-13 13:52:50

Still in fleecy pjs here.

Terrible tummy bug and very little sleep.

Trying to stay awake so I sleep better tonight?

teacherandguideleader Thu 11-Apr-13 13:53:59

I was in my gorilla onesie (so glad I live miles out of catchment) until half an hour ago. This afternoon I have a tough decision to make - gold bunny or creme egg.

PandaNot Thu 11-Apr-13 13:54:31

YANBU but I did feel slightly awkward answering the door to the postman yesterday at 1130am, wearing my pjs. I could feel him judging.

LaQueen Thu 11-Apr-13 13:54:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

YoniYoniYoniYoni Thu 11-Apr-13 13:55:32

Jim jams here, because im clening and scaling mount washmore in my house, so im not getting dressed, that creates more washing not eating dcs easter eggs, oh no

Oh god, i hope you have 'til tea time if you are staring on the yoni thread, i hVe face pain from laughing at it!

moominmarvellous Thu 11-Apr-13 13:56:49

Me & DCs all still in Pyjamas. I've been MNing all morning while they play upstairs! The guilt comes and goes. It's gone at the moment :D

crashdoll Thu 11-Apr-13 14:51:12

I'm still in my PJs at 2.50 and life is goooood. May even take a nap and have a bubble bath.

Dahlen Thu 11-Apr-13 15:24:00

Enjoy it! grin

I have not had a dressing-gown day since I got a dog as she needs walking. The only time I am not dressed after breakfast is if I am really, really ill.

That said, I had a few days off work last week and found that lazing around was lovely but actually made me feel more tired. As soon as I resumed normal sleep and activity, I felt livelier and happier. My body clearly prefers being on the go. confused

But if I enjoyed lazing around in my dressing gown and I had the opportunity to do it, I'd revel in it and sod anyone who passed judgement on me! Go for it!

OTOH YABU for watching the drivel that is Loose Women. wink

Datun Thu 11-Apr-13 15:28:04

Yup, in dressing gown until 2pm - DS in same watching TV. Both jumped up like scalded cats when we heard a car in the drive. The cleaner arriving. Now THAT'S bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now