Talk

Advanced search

Controlling Partner?? Petty stuff but mad

(9 Posts)
Birdofemanuel Thu 11-Apr-13 09:02:18

Do had a go at me last night because I'd used a plug at his side of the bed and my bra was left on his side of the bed. Apparently other times I've left my laptop on his side of the bed. Aibu or is this weirdly petty???

HollyBerryBush Thu 11-Apr-13 09:03:19

Depends if it's a one off or whether you are chaotically untidy and this is the straw that broke the camels back

Sugarice Thu 11-Apr-13 09:05:41

Is he very precious and territorial about his side of the bed or does he tut in other areas of the house where you put stuff?

Hassled Thu 11-Apr-13 09:08:14

I don't like other people's random shit on my side of the bed. My side of the bed is my side of the bed. Doesn't make me controlling, I don't think.

Or is this the tip of a dodgy iceburg?

noclue2000 Thu 11-Apr-13 09:35:28

Pisses me off when husband leaves his Crap on my side of the bed. It's my side and I don't want to have to move his junk.

Bejeena Thu 11-Apr-13 10:03:10

Mine doesn't like me using the plug sockets on his side either. Actually it is not me using them that he doesn't mind but what annoys him is me unplugging his lamp and plugging my hairdryer in and then not plugging his lamp back in afterwards when I am done.

To be honest I think he has a fair point, I'd be a bit miffed if he did the same to my electric blanket for example!

Also if he left stuff on my side I'd also be annoyed.

CocacolaMum Thu 11-Apr-13 10:06:01

yup my OH is like this... with good reason tbh, I piss myself off with my untidiness.

MsBella Thu 11-Apr-13 10:07:41

That's a bit controlling, he shouldn't try and make you feel like you should clear up small things after yourself straight away... that kind of thing makes people feel uncomfortable.
Is he like this in any other aspects?

pictish Thu 11-Apr-13 10:11:28

Depends. On that one issue alone I think yabu. I cba to move a sodding laptop before getting into bed...especially when I didn't leave it there.
As for using a plug...did you unplog something of his and fail to plug it back in? Cos that would be annoying too.

We need more examples.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now