Talk

Advanced search

To want to shoot DH for scattering his clothes everywhere?

(17 Posts)
TerrysNo2 Thu 11-Apr-13 08:27:09

I come downstairs this morning.

cufflinks on the arm of the couch
boxer shorts and socks on the bathroom floor (1 metre from the washing basket!)
trousers hung up over the banister
suit jacket hung on a dining room chair
tie on the stairs
another tie on the table

AAAGGGHHHH

why?!?

TeenyW123 Thu 11-Apr-13 08:32:49

Get a black bin bag, gather all his stuff into it, and shove it at the back of his wardrobe where he'll be able to find it when he notices his stuff is missing.

Job done!

As to why, probably his mothers mollycoddling!

Teeny
;-)

Calabria Thu 11-Apr-13 09:52:13

My sister's ex was like that - possibly still is. I remember sis telling me how shocked he was when she didn't pick up after him.

His mother did everything for him.

I like the idea of a bin bag if just leaving it is not an option.

Hassled Thu 11-Apr-13 09:54:34

You need a full-scale hissy fit. If you can manage tears, that would probably help. Me screeching "why the fuck do you think it's OK that I should be picking up your used underwear?" sorted DH out fairly pronto.

Toasttoppers Thu 11-Apr-13 09:56:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

quoteunquote Thu 11-Apr-13 10:33:03

Build a scarecrow (place in the garden in a compromising position,I have a victorian loo which has camomile growing out of it, I either stand scarecrow,or sit it on it)

or life size puppet (If you hang over the landing you can work it like a normal puppet and make it greet returning previous owner of the clothes home) with any discarded garments.

If you do this, people become very careful where they leave their stuff,

Anyway you must of lost your house elf through his carelessness , how is he going to get another?

Emilythornesbff Thu 11-Apr-13 13:03:05

I don't think you can change this behaviour in an adult.
My dh is like that. His db is ridiculously tidy.
Tidy up so it looks how you want it to and pocket any money that falls out of his pockets.
And feel free to rant. It's like a fucking illness with them, I know!

StuntGirl Thu 11-Apr-13 13:16:37

Of course he could change his behaviour is he wanted to. Silly thing to say.

TomDudgeon Thu 11-Apr-13 13:17:06

Why was he wearing two ties?

TerrysNo2 Thu 11-Apr-13 14:17:02

stunt I tend to agree with Emily, not sure I can get DH to change although he is much better at hanging wet towels up after 10 years of nagging asking.

I have to remember the advice to let the little things slide because in all the important ways he is an awesome DH. I just wish he was awesome with a sprinkling of OCD grin

TerrysNo2 Thu 11-Apr-13 14:17:53

tom I think he had a few in his bag, he has A LOT of ties! smile

bigbluebus Thu 11-Apr-13 14:23:39

I think it must be linked to the same lack of thought process which means that DH also leaves letters which need posting on the kitchen work top expecting that I will post them, when he passes the post box in the village on his way to work - and I am a SAHM so don't go out every day!

TerrysNo2 Thu 11-Apr-13 14:39:30

You know, I do often wonder if same sex couples have these issues grin

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 11-Apr-13 14:43:26

I do the laundry. The first time DH left his sweaty underwear in his work out gear for me to pick out, I told him that it wasn't cool. The second time I told him that one night he would come home, go to bed and the sweaty underwear would be neatly wrapped around his pillow. He never did it again.

flaminghoopsaloohlah Thu 11-Apr-13 14:55:50

If he does this all the time and ignores your requests that he at least puts his own stuff away ( or counters with some sort of diversion tactic such as...well, you sometimes leave your stuff lying about) and puts his dirty washing in the laundry and you do most of the chores then YANBU

If this just happens sometimes and other times he does pick up after himself as well as pick up after you the YABU.

I suspect from how fed up you sound that the latter doesn't happen that often?

K8eee Thu 11-Apr-13 14:57:41

Terry's, are we married to the same man?!?!?! My DH will leave a trail of his clothes to the bathroom in the morning, and walk straight past them and not bring them downstairs to the wash bin!!! And if he does bring them down, he'll pile it up INFRONT of the washing machine!!! Drives me mad! Glad I'm not the only one to contend with this smile grin

TerrysNo2 Thu 11-Apr-13 15:16:54

flaming its not that often, he had been drinking last night. Usually he leaves his suit trousers or jacket somewhere but then he does wear them again the next day. He's not so bad I guess!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now