Talk

Advanced search

To wish dh would stop being so bloody good at everything.

(16 Posts)
StickEmWithThePointyEnd Wed 10-Apr-13 16:45:24

There's nothing left for me! (Lighthearted btw).

I have some badges that need sewing on a shirt, dh has offered to do it but I want to try myself. He is better at sewing than I am, his hands are more dexterous I think. He's also better at cooking and gardening as he is more patient than I am. He is mathematically minded, good with electronics and DIY and mechanics. He does the ironing better than me (he actually does it for a start) and he even has a better imagination when it comes to making crafty stuff with ds.

I have better handwriting than him, am better at spelling and can read faster than he can. That's about it though.

Looks like I'll have to wait until ds is in school and needing help with his comprehension homework before I get to show off my skills! <sulks>

Madamecastafiore Wed 10-Apr-13 16:48:21

I can bake, sew and swim better than DH, he is better at everything else and can learn a language in a very short time which f's me off as I stand behind him looking like a dick whatever country we are in!

Annoying aren't they, bloody men!

StickEmWithThePointyEnd Wed 10-Apr-13 16:50:12

I think this is the downside of being an eldest child and used to being best at everything grin Not that i'm competitive or anything oh no no no

digerd Wed 10-Apr-13 17:00:34

My DH was also better than me at most things. Except, once he was frustrated that his large hand couldn't get into this small hole in the wall to pull a wire out, and had to call on me with my dainty little hand to do it for him! < loved his big, masculine hands>.

He couldn't dance, though, and I was exceptionally good. But that was the limit of my superiority.
I was proud of him not resentful.

soaccidentprone Wed 10-Apr-13 17:04:15

dh can reach things from the top of the kitchen cupboards.

that is allgrin

SquinkiesRule Wed 10-Apr-13 17:06:34

I can grow babies and breastfeed better than my Dh, that's about all.

teacher123 Wed 10-Apr-13 17:08:20

My DH is musical, can draw, write stories, parallel park, fix things, cook, has a brilliant eye for making houses look nice, and is endlessly patient and kind.

I am better at the piano than he is. That's about it.

Oodsigma Wed 10-Apr-13 19:01:46

stickem you sound like me. I can write neater, spell better & read much faster than dh and I can breastfeed but am crap at pregnancy so he'd probably still beat me there

chrome100 Wed 10-Apr-13 20:10:34

The only thing I am better than my DP at is spelling and grammar. Oh, and speaking French. He excels at everything else in the entire world. It gets very wearing.

yellowhousewithareddoor Wed 10-Apr-13 20:12:30

I'm better at most things than my husband. I'd quite like that not to be the case.

DieDeutschLehrerin Wed 10-Apr-13 21:50:38

I have one of these too. But it transpires following the birth, breastfeeding and night-wakings of our son, that I am considerable harder. And I think it's the one thing on which he can't catch up with me!

thebody Wed 10-Apr-13 21:54:02

Fucking ell stick, give me back my dh.

He is better at absolutely everything than me, any domestic chore, maths science homework etc.

However I can read faster than him but that's because the git is taking in more than me.

Very demoralising but keeping him after 25 years.

Wincher Wed 10-Apr-13 21:54:33

I have the same thing. My DH just gets better and better at cooking. He is also much better than me at getting toddler DS to eat his tea and wash his hair. I can't iron shirts nearly as well as he can. Even when i have been running regularly he can start from nothing andnrun much further and faster than I can.

I keep strict control of the washing as I like doing it and there has to be something he can't do!

Yama Wed 10-Apr-13 21:57:01

I am brilliant at reading a map.

Startail Wed 10-Apr-13 21:57:53

YANBU
I have a DH who is both stupidly clever and infuriatingly practical. It drives me nuts, until I remember that's no small part of why I married him.

I'm not a patient person I don't bare fools gladly and I wanted to up the odds of bright DCs. Therefore I can not really complain when he's a sodding smart alec.

LaQueen Wed 10-Apr-13 22:17:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now