Talk

Advanced search

Aibu about my neighbours?

(9 Posts)
MeAndMyGirl Wed 10-Apr-13 15:33:14

Neighbours - husband and wife - for 5 years are driving me insane. Live in quiet wee area all families. Since they moved in 5 years ago -

Husband has texted and came round to home asking for
Money
Has sent inappropriate text messages
They openly smoke hash
They blare their tv with windows wide open
They got new kitchen and dumped old kitchen in back garden for 2 months
The wife has 6 aggressive cats. One has attacked my daughter clawing her face and head and it bled
Their band of aggressive inbred cats stalk our home scratching windows and doors trying to get into our terrified cats
The husband spits saliva all over the garden every morning at 6.20am at back door

I have reported them to police and anti social team at council and nothing really has been done. As a last resort have contacted local councillors. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas as a wits end

YBR Wed 10-Apr-13 15:41:51

For the cats ... get some lemon juice and squirt them with it. They hate the smell of citrus so it should make them stay away.

As for the rest I'm not sure but are you writing down everything that happens and keeping evidence? It's much easier for police/anti-social team to do something if there is lots of ducumented evidence.

Are any other neighbours affected and what have they done?

marjproops Wed 10-Apr-13 16:48:12

if cats attcking your child the rspca should have been involved, AND the poice.

unebagpipe Wed 10-Apr-13 16:54:37

I'd put the lemon juice in a super soaker and get them when the cats start patrolling. Other than that no ideas on how to deal with the actual people. Are they renters or owner occupiers (just trying to figure out if they're likely to be there long term)!

MrsBucketxx Wed 10-Apr-13 16:59:53

if you know they have drugs in their home shop em, anonymously to crime stoppers and embellish a little. if they are raided and charged they may lose their tenancy if its a private rental.

itshothere Wed 10-Apr-13 17:07:04

YANBU. Poor you and your DD and your cats. Don't have any advice except for as a previous poster mentioned to keep a record of it all. Maybe go to the citizens advice? Hope that they fuck off move soon.

MeAndMyGirl Wed 10-Apr-13 18:22:27

Been on touch for last year with police and anti social team but nothing really seems to be done. Contacted local councillors today. They rent the home but seems to be off a big drug dealer as the house got raided and i got interviewed by police about who i had seen coming and going. I actually live in really quiet lovely place - apart from them!!

marjproops Wed 10-Apr-13 19:11:49

your police/anti social people are not doing a very good job then. do any other neighbours complain?

I get this with 'stuff'. im the only one in the street that doesnt seem to be deaf/blind/have a sense of smell.

but 1 neighbour once said to me theyve complained about stuff till theyve gasped their last breathe and FA is done abbout it.

i mean wtf? are the police etc so scared of these f**** (and i dont swear) ?

MeAndMyGirl Wed 10-Apr-13 20:00:22

Yep i feel the same. We quiet family like rest of neighbourhood and these cave people with no manners and pride in themselves are really making our lives a misery. And nothing seems to get done!!! The other neighbours have commented couple of times on cave people but we are joined onto them so effects us more

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now