Talk

Advanced search

To want to kill my boss for eating an apple at his desk?

(26 Posts)
GetLippie Wed 10-Apr-13 13:47:33

He's smacking his lips over it, and chomping away like a horse having a snack. It's making me feel a bit sick, actually.

KurriKurri Wed 10-Apr-13 13:52:52

Shout 'have you finished yet Mr Ed' at him - gwan gwan gwan grin

ruby1234 Wed 10-Apr-13 13:53:36

Mine is eating smelly beef stew and dumplings he brought from home and nuked in the office microwave - at his desk. He is slurping and it stinks!

Happy to swop him for your apple eating boss.

oldwomaninashoe Wed 10-Apr-13 13:56:35

My colleague is eating an egg and smoked mackerel salad at his desk
Its bad even with my cold!

GetLippie Wed 10-Apr-13 13:58:04

Egg and smoked mackerel? Jeez!

MDA Wed 10-Apr-13 14:13:42

Oldwomanshoe you win

zukiecat Wed 10-Apr-13 14:20:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gerrof Wed 10-Apr-13 14:22:37

I HATE it when someone eats a banana at their desk. I loathe bananas.

Then I saw someone peel the whole thing completely and then eat the naked banana with his FINGERS which he then typed with. And we hot desk. And I just thought of having to use that keyboard with banana bacteria the next time I was in.

BiscuitMillionaire Wed 10-Apr-13 14:26:59

PMSL at 'naked banana'!

scortja Wed 10-Apr-13 14:29:46

When I was half asleep in a hospital bed after having my first child I thought I could hear running water and dreamily mused that it was a really nice touch having a fountain in a maternity ward..

It was the sound of woman in the bed next to me eating.

GetLippie Wed 10-Apr-13 14:58:23

I should NOT have started this thread, I really do think I'm going to puke now!

oh god the man in my (small) office slurps his tea and bangs the cup down between slurps and eats so noisily I have to put my headphones in to drown him out

ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmmmmmmmmm Wed 10-Apr-13 16:12:17

PMSL at "banana bacteria" grin

vladthedisorganised Wed 10-Apr-13 16:16:50

I'd swap the apple-eater for a tuna sandwich eater.
a) I'm pregnant and can smell everything,
b) I hate the smell of tuna at the best of times,
c) there are no fridges in our office, so by the time the sandwich is dragged out of the Tupperware it's been marinating for several hours and has got even smellier. At least apples kind of smell the same regardless.

PregnantPain Wed 10-Apr-13 16:23:18

One time my orthodontist had lunch before my appointment, he had a mackrel sandwich.

I was nearly sick his breath was horrendous, especially at the distance he was! <boak at memory>

complexnumber Wed 10-Apr-13 16:59:52

"He's smacking his lips over it, and chomping away like a horse having a snack. It's making me feel a bit sick, actually."

Were you typing this whilst actually watching him? (Such a strange image)

squoosh Wed 10-Apr-13 17:04:18

I would honestly and truly rather share an office with a decomposing rat than with an apple eater. All that interminable crunching and munching makes me rage. Apple eaters are the scummy old hair stuck in the plughole that is society.

DEATH TO ALL APPLE CRUNCHERS!

GetLippie Wed 10-Apr-13 17:06:31

He sits next to me, I could HEAR it. Luckily, I have a privacy screen on my PC so he couldn't see what I was typing ...

Now it appears that someone else somewhere in the office is eating hot cat food.

TwoPoundCakePuncher Wed 10-Apr-13 17:09:00

Ha ha ha ha ha at hot cat food!

itshothere Wed 10-Apr-13 17:15:40

grin at this thread. Hate listening to masticating. Inconsiderate, uncouth behaviour. One should consider 'a food that requires sucking only' policy to be imposed immediately. With a clause on how hard one can suck grin .
Scortja, still laughing now, what the hell was she eating that sounded like a fountain?

I cannot bear the sound of people eating. I have recently discovered this is an actual condition!

anyone ever seen this ?

squoosh Wed 10-Apr-13 17:59:39

Yep, I've heard of that and certainly have that. Certain noises that people make make me want to weep in frustration.

I meant this

And what about this article about a man getting shot over it?

AnyoneforTurps Wed 10-Apr-13 19:03:06

He slurped, drooled, made the most disgusting smacking noise with his lips, and all the while the egg yolk was running down his chin, which he kept licking up.

Sounds like he'd had a stroke or some neurological disease affecting the facial muscles, so I think we'll have to let him off. All the other offenders to be thrown to the wolves though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now