Talk

Advanced search

Is This Rude or am I Being Over-Sensitive?

(18 Posts)
LessMissAbs Tue 09-Apr-13 23:36:51

I recently gave a friend a lift to a wedding of mutual friends. My DH couldn't make it and neither could hers. We arrived at the hotel the night before and I didn't see her again until I spotted her at the reception the next day. I waved to her and she vaguely waved back, but didn't come over and say speak or anything. I had no idea if she was wanting a lift back, and after hovering nearby for a while but being ignored while she chatted with other friends, I thought stuff it, I've got to get back, and left without her. Turned out she'd arranged a lift back from someone else anyway.

TigOldBitties Tue 09-Apr-13 23:38:54

Yes I think that was rude. I wouldn't get worked up about just think rather bad behaviour on her part.

Don't bother next time.

Ouchmyhead Tue 09-Apr-13 23:40:22

That's so rude! Definitely don't bother offering her a lift next time, some people have no manners!

AgentZigzag Tue 09-Apr-13 23:42:33

It's a bit odd she didn't give you more than just a half-hearted wave, but then she might have thought you were both there separately and that's fine.

It was probably technically rude for her to not let you know how she was getting back, but then you didn't ask her beforehand or when you were hovering, could she have thought she'd have been taking the piss if she asked more of you?

So a bit off hand, but because of the different ways you were thinking about the evening, possibly not? <loadsahelp>

How do you get on with her normally?

TigerSwallowtail Tue 09-Apr-13 23:44:18

She was being rude.

LemonPeculiarJones Tue 09-Apr-13 23:45:21

Yes, rude. Charmless and no manners.

Sheesh. Some people.

WallyBantersJunkBox Tue 09-Apr-13 23:46:03

YANBU.

She was being rude.

AgentZigzag Tue 09-Apr-13 23:50:02

Was she being rude if the return trip hadn't been mentioned though?

LessMissAbs Tue 09-Apr-13 23:52:49

I asked her on the way there if she needed a lift back, she was non-committal. I was a bit taken aback that she didn't just come over and let me know, and I thought "stuff it", I'm not going to run around after her. (it was over a hundred miles away).

Had got the impression she could be a bit rude before this at times.

AgentZigzag Tue 09-Apr-13 23:59:47

If she knew you were wondering whether she wanted a lift back, definitely rude.

Was she just hedging her bets on who she could get a lift with?

Who did she go with in the end?

LessMissAbs Wed 10-Apr-13 00:01:08

No idea!

BeaLola Wed 10-Apr-13 00:02:29

I think she was rude not to tell you she was sortted for return trip.

100 miles each way ? Did she actually say thank you & contribute/offer to contribute towards cost ?

I appreciate that you were going anyway but if one of my friends kindly offered me a lift al that way apart from thanking them I would give money towards petrol but if they waived it away etc then I would drop them a thank you card with a bottle of something vey nice.

AgentZigzag Wed 10-Apr-13 00:02:46

Have you seen her since the wedding?

If you have, was she OK with you?

LessMissAbs Wed 10-Apr-13 00:04:40

100 miles each way ? Did she actually say thank you & contribute/offer to contribute towards cost ?

Nope.

And no, AgentZigzag, I haven't seen here since. But it was only two weeks ago.

AgentZigzag Wed 10-Apr-13 00:11:22

Wow, not a thank you, contribution or even an acknowledgement two weeks after?

There's not much you can do apart from sending her an itemised bill making a mental note about how little she must think of you/manners she has.

lisbethsopposite Wed 10-Apr-13 01:09:35

She is rude, and a user. She was keeping her options open, for a better offer/lift.
She'll keep in touch as she may need you again, but with friends like that, who needs enemies?

ENormaSnob Wed 10-Apr-13 02:38:52

Bloody hell she was very rude.

xigris Wed 10-Apr-13 02:43:38

RUDE!!! What was she like on the journey to the wedding? Can't believe she didn't chip in for petrol. angry on your behalf!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now