Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to elbow DH in the face?

(8 Posts)
olivertheoctopus Tue 09-Apr-13 22:42:01

Am 26w pg with DS3. Suffering terrible pg insomnia. DH falls asleep literally within minutes of getting into bed and his breathing drives me potty as I lie awake stewing about being awake. Arrrrrgggghhhh

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 09-Apr-13 22:49:16

YANBU to want to elbow him. Yabu to actually to it. I recommend breathe right strips to ease his noisy breathing. Personally I wear ear plugs (light sleeper at the best of times and DH snores. I'm 38 weeks pregnant myself!).

olivertheoctopus Tue 09-Apr-13 22:56:42

I don't think he's even breathing noisily, just normally!! wink Good idea re the earplugs though, I actually think I did that last pg so thanks for the reminder.

BlackeyedSusan Tue 09-Apr-13 23:02:35

save the accidental elbowing for when it is his turn to change a nappy in the middle of the night. grin

HollyBerryBush Tue 09-Apr-13 23:04:45

Have you tried going to bed 1/2 hour before him so you can get to sleep before he turns in for the night.

Dh is one of those immediate sleepers too, and it takes me at least 1/2 hour to get off.

Nombrechanger Tue 09-Apr-13 23:16:38

Wow! Are you me?? My DH falls asleep within seconds of his head hitting the pillow and then snores like a wounded walrus!

kotinka Wed 10-Apr-13 00:32:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

auntpetunia Wed 10-Apr-13 00:50:52

Yanbu I have decamped to the dining room sofa bed as mine is driving me mad. I was in bed 2 hours at least before he came upstairs but what with sticking his feet on me to get warm, rolling so far on to my side of the bed that I couldn't actually lie flat so waking me up he then starts snoring like a stuck pig and no amount of poking kicking elbowing are stopping him. And to top it all the fecking police helicopter is doing circles overhead!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now