Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Surprised no ones mentioned Vanessa Feltz talking about mn in the Express today?

(53 Posts)
marjproops Tue 09-Apr-13 21:35:20

anyone read it?

Jeepers, mns getting a bash this week.

cant link or id show you. at end of peice she says were basically a bunch of strangers fuelled by boredom, envy, and and the knowledge therell be no consequences whatever bile we spew....????

i mean, yes theres a lot of trolling and abusing the talk guidelines but media coverage is not saying the good things about mn.

disappointed in VF, shes normally mostly good.

marjproops Tue 09-Apr-13 21:36:42

btw, know its not the end of the world, what with Thatcher/philpott and the like making headlines, but still.........

RatPants Tue 09-Apr-13 21:37:31

Let the slebs bash away, the site is far too popular and established to suffer, they are just looking for publicity off mn's back.

UnChartered Tue 09-Apr-13 21:37:41

is that the same VF who used to front one of those 'air your dirty laundry on TV and be judged by complete strangers' type affairs?

i'm glad her keep fit regime has paid off, she's been able to jump high onto the MN bashing bandwagon hmm

BarredfromhavingStella Tue 09-Apr-13 21:38:37

Another one who's opinion is worth fuck all...maybe this is why no-one mentioned her wink

drjohnsonscat Tue 09-Apr-13 21:41:37

shame because Vanessa Feltz is actually pretty good I think - she's done lowbrow tv but she's surprisingly smart and should be able to use her eyes and brain.

But I think a lot of people think they know what they'll find here, without ever reading it.

marjproops Tue 09-Apr-13 21:42:33

prob right. i mean, to get more publicity to her AND holden too......

anyway, theres a whole piece if someone can link it.

usualsuspect Tue 09-Apr-13 21:47:05

Do you think she looked on MN today expecting to see a long thread about her article and is pissed off because there are only a few replies grin

EggsEggSplat Tue 09-Apr-13 21:50:12

I expect no one has mentioned it on here because as far as I was aware no one under the age of 75 reads the Express anyway.

marjproops Tue 09-Apr-13 21:51:54

I dont normally get newspapers but was noseying about thatcher and all the stuff about her.

and express front page was a change from the usual weather/benefits/house prices front page!

UnChartered Tue 09-Apr-13 21:53:02

usual she's kicking her cat and everything

i went to see one of her early shows being recorded once, it was actually very good

WinkyWinkola Tue 09-Apr-13 21:53:22

I really like VF. She makes me laugh on her radio show. Clever, articulate, doesn't suffer fools although I wish she would be a bit harder on Boris when he's on her show.

PickledInAPearTree Tue 09-Apr-13 21:57:11

I only remember her in wife swap with her husband who kept singing " heeeey what's wrong with meeeheeeheeee"

She seems ok to me though, it's just the theme of the week innit.

It's hard work being so haggard faced ugg wearing and spiteful. Phew!

KenDoddsDadsDog Tue 09-Apr-13 21:58:33

When I see Vanessa Feltz, all I can think of is Marjorie Dawes in Little Britain saying her name over and over grin

usualsuspect Tue 09-Apr-13 22:00:15

I bet shes excited now more people are posting grin

marjproops Tue 09-Apr-13 22:00:22

shes basically defending AH, but slebs arent the only ones that get the occasional flaming are they? some of us do too.

and the other way round, slebs also get kudos as do some of us.

i love my mn!

OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 09-Apr-13 22:00:24

www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/vanessa-feltz/390353/You-won-t-find-sisters-on-the-net-Amanda-Holden

numbum Tue 09-Apr-13 22:00:29

She's obviously seen the attention Amanda Holden is getting and wants some of that attention

PickledInAPearTree Tue 09-Apr-13 22:01:25

Vanessa, I watched your chat show as a student. I loved you, and this is how you repay me.

It's like a knife deep into my heart.

UnChartered Tue 09-Apr-13 22:02:14

Vanessa Feltz

Vanessa Feltz

Vanessa Feltz

think she's googling her name and finds my post grin

usualsuspect Tue 09-Apr-13 22:04:11

Hey, Vanessa Feltz, see you got a thread. <waves>

Not a very long one, mind.

usualsuspect Tue 09-Apr-13 22:05:17

You would look though wouldn't you? If you wrote an article slagging a forum off, just to see what they said.

Chipstick10 Tue 09-Apr-13 22:06:01

I luffs Vanessa. She's really great at putting her views across, clever, smart, interesting and very witty

UnChartered Tue 09-Apr-13 22:06:06

of course i have you would

<pulls back dark wig and long legs disguise>

kim147 Tue 09-Apr-13 22:06:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now